Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Extra holes in Spiderman?

:)

there are holes at the end of the flippers, but they would be there for flipper alignment

yes, there are holes halfway up the flipper. it could be flipper rebound wires, but they are at a funny angle and too close to each other :unsure:

Yes, they do look to close together but I have seen other machines with close anti rebound bars. If that is there purpose the lower and upper holes should be near parallel to the back edge of the flipper. Maybe try and find a picture of a Stern flyer for the game. These pictures are normally taken of very early runs of a game and this may have been removed in later production.

I have an Autocad print out of the original design that I got from Steve Ritchie, I can take a photo if anyone is at all interested.

So looking at it, interestingly, the original design for the game does not feature the post between the flippers, but it also does not have any anti-rebound bars under the flippers.

The holes for anti-rebound bars are present on the design but rebound bars were not drawn onto it. So those holes are there but there is no reason for them at all.

My guess is that they put the holes there just in case that testing out in the real world makes them discover that rebound bars are needed later on, so if they have lots of rebound issues, they can just ship out the bars to everyone who have purchased the game and say "hammer these into the already existing holes".