Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern stars. Controlled lamp always on

Ryza

Question

I have 2 lamps on my stars (roving star special) that's where always off.. I fixed the socket and now they are always on.

Its this pin here. That controls one of them

Which connects to q14.

And tips on how to diagnose it further?

The pin always reads about 5.6v no matter what... Like it's part of the GI

When I put the machine in test mode it will turn the lamp off when it's meant to be on. And on when it's meant to be off. The total opposite of all the other controlled lamps. I don't know if the lamp ever worked as it's hard to light all 5 stars!

Thanks106f060e86362424585e99ba8fec2987.jpg

15 answers to this question

Swap out lamp boards with another game that works, I know you have one, and confirm if it’s the board or not.

Go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of them look a little bit different I don't have any other mpu 100 games

OK I swaped it with meteor. I saw they both say lda100

The 2 lamps work on the new board. But now the double bonus up top next to the drops and the 3000 bonus controlled light is not working

Stern stars. Controlled lamp always on

OK I swaped it with meteor. I saw they both say lda100

The 2 lamps work on the new board. But now the double bonus up top next to the drops and the 3000 bonus controlled light is not working

So it’s a lamp board problem with them locking on and would need the SCRs changed.

The meteor lamp board could be same for non working other lamps or connectors.

Have you re pinned your lamp board connectors?

I’m not 100 % in when the lamp boards change, but check the number on the boards. Even if they look different, they can be the same, or either Bally or Stern.

I'd say the wrong type of scr is installed. Easy to confirm, swap with one that is working fine and see if the problem travels. If it does, find an scr that isn't being used on Stars and put it in where the faulty one is until you can get one.

I'd say the wrong type of scr is installed. Easy to confirm, swap with one that is working fine and see if the problem travels. If it does, find an scr that isn't being used on Stars and put it in where the faulty one is until you can get one.
I swapped q14 with q7 and the lamp works now and has locked another lamp. So I guess it's the wrong type or faulty (it has no writing on it compared to the others)

I swapped q14 with q7 and the lamp works now and has locked another lamp. So I guess it's the wrong type or faulty (it has no writing on it compared to the others)

Sweet, look through the wiring diagram and find an SCR that isn't used on that machine and swap with that one after all, if that SCR isn't being used on that machine, why have a working part for it when your need it elsewhere. If you can't read a diagram, let me know and I'll find an SCR not used on that machine for you you can swap with.

All fixed. Swapped with q27 and it fixed both of them even those the other lamp was on 20..

Thank you so much for your help.

2 SS working perfectly. 6 machines to go!

All fixed. Swapped with q27 and it fixed both of them even those the other lamp was on 20..

AA has been playing up. Only just got all this in my feed.

Dude I have a tool kit full of them here I could’ve sent you.

But yes pinching out of the board is easier.

Now ya learning.

Fixed like a proper tech. If you don't happen to have a spare part on you, improvise. Keeps the machine going and keeps you employed.