Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cyclone kick out hole issue

Aceman

Question

I have a Cylcone pinball issue where the ball stopped being ejected from the boomerang kick out hole. After removing the ball I started another game only to find that the skill shot kick out stopped working as well, which may make sense to the technically minded however that is not me. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards Aceman

17 answers to this question

Look for a blown fuse on that coil line.

If both are out it’s either a fuse or a power wire has come off in the chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Eddy...... Been to busy to follow your instructions but will have some time later this week. Will the fuse be in the back box or under the playfield? I did note some clicking sound coming from the back box which I cant recall hearing before???

Thanks Eddy...... Been to busy to follow your instructions but will have some time later this week. Will the fuse be in the back box or under the playfield? I did note some clicking sound coming from the back box which I cant recall hearing before???

Should be in the backbox.

The clicking sound would be the relay switching between coils and flashers

Hey mate, ive had this same issue. Ccheck your fuses and you will find one blown, change it over. Before turning it all back on - check the coils that there are no loose wires, but also check the "Flasher" lamps. They are the bigger lamp bayonets. I had this same issue on mine and the issue was one of the wires to the 2 flashers that light up the tunnel of the boomerang had come off the connector.

There can be other reasons to why its happening and others here will be able to help diagnose that, but this literally happened to me about a month back and that was the issue i had.

Great game Cyclone :)

Thanks for commenting. I did change a fuse, the bottom of a string of 5, whoever I believe the fuse of concern is one of the two at the top of the board a 7.5A 250V. There appears to be no loose connection and checked the flashers as you suggested. Hoping to get a fuse sometime this week and get back to playing.

Me and my mates used to play Cyclone before an after our shift at Macca's many years ago (1989). I just got back into pinball back then and Cyclone with its Ferris wheel, and ramps was a big step up from an old Recel I used to have as a kid. Coincidentally enough I bought Cyclone a year ago on the way back from playing at the Cooly Classic. I have since spent a small fortune replacing ramps, plastics superbands, star posts, adding comet rings and a playfield protector among other things.

I will let you know how I go when replacing the fuse.

Thanks Eddy. Would you believe I only live about 7kms away as the crow flies at the back of Glenmore park at the Mulgoa rd end. Im hoping the issue is only a 7.5A 250V fuse which I need to get my hands on.

I was going to ask if you would call by being so close and if time suited, however I thought with your Barn work that you would be totally over pinball repairing??

Look for a blown fuse on that coil line.

If both are out it’s either a fuse or a power wire has come off in the chain.

thankyou my comet ballkicker stopped lastnight checked this post as cyclone is a sister machine to both comet and hurricane and yes it was blown fuse so thankyou and the op

thankyou my comet ballkicker stopped lastnight checked this post as cyclone is a sister machine to both comet and hurricane and yes it was blown fuse so thankyou and the op

Changed my blown fuses but did not fix the issue. Advised Eddy (Dedrok) that there was a clicking sound coming from the board where the fuses are. Good to see the thread was useful to you.

Regards Aaron

Aux Board had a Blown Q7 (tip36c) transistor.

Either Boomerang big kick or the cats/fireworks flashers on the 4A/4B line.

So we need to double check

(for shorts)

Q24 (tip122) - drive

Q20 (2N4401) - pre driver

U20 (7408) - chip

U28 (LS374)

Boomerang coil

Cats and Fireworks Flashers.

Just in case it’s not just the 50v transistor that shorted.

So after some searching and double checking that the boards were good, it ended up being a coil shorting out.

Coil tested good with playfield up, shorting with playfield down and under power.

All wiring checked for shorts, resistor board checked and all good. (once I found it)

Boomerang big kick was hard shorting across the coil stop bkt.

c66a1351c28143db1fc6e9f7b2e78670.jpg

Cyclone kick out hole issue

The coil shouldn’t be oriented that way. Bkt is too long.

I rotated it 90deg how it should be.

But yes, lugs away from the stop on flippers and bumpers as they cop the biggest caning.

Either way, Aceman is enjoying his machine again.

Edited by Dedrok