Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Faulty Coin Mechs - MS 111

Left jump left 1P

Question

Hey Guys

I have two coin mechs that have failed suddenly, both around the same time after years of trouble free use!

What's the normal procedure here, just bin and buy new ones? Repair? If repair, does anyone here repair them? Or any simple things I can try myself?

I have tried reseating the plugs, and ribbon cables to the credit board. Money just goes in and comes straight back out the return shoot. I have removed them and opened the coin return door and checked for any foreign objects (with twin two year olds, I am always removing something from all the coin mechs. Pulled a paddle pop stick and bits of plastic out of my Shinobi cab the other day!).

Thanks,

Lefty IMG20190516142221.jpeg

Sent from my X9009 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

6 answers to this question

Check the coin path for grime 1st, remove any caked on gunk with a razor blade then go over it with some cleaner and a rag.

I used to work for Bluejade Electronics a hundred years ago that fixed the Mars Electronics stuff. If they're still there, they were in Furntree Gully, Vic.

After cleaning the coin path if there's any grooves from coin wear I give them a tidy up with 400 wet and dry and then clean with ipsoproly again then a light wax on, wax off with mothers california gold carnauba wax. Gets em silky smooth. That's vending machine coin mech anyway.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Haven't had any success fixing these up. Would be happy to pay someone if anyone on here fixes them. Only really need one fixed for my lai lowboy as I use it for various Jamma boards and many can't be set to freeplay. I The other is out of a dedicated Atari Badlands that I have now set to freeplay. Being small they are easy to post. Let me know if anyone on here can get these back up and running. Thanks.

Haven't had any success fixing these up. Would be happy to pay someone if anyone on here fixes them. Only really need one fixed for my lai lowboy as I use it for various Jamma boards and many can't be set to freeplay. I The other is out of a dedicated Atari Badlands that I have now set to freeplay. Being small they are easy to post. Let me know if anyone on here can get these back up and running. Thanks.

I've got the same issue - but I suspect that the credit board on my is toast. Since you have 2, have you tried swapping the credit boards? I called a place at the sunshine coast who put me onto the distributor - they were helpful in that they suggested sending it in to them and they would test it etc. I didn't go ahead as I just set the games I had to free play. I don't have all the scribble notes I took on who it was, but a search of the internet and you should be able to locate.

I have a cashflow 111 manual which talks about the MS111 and has some circuit/pulse diagrams etc. I can email that to you if it will help.

Alternative is to hook up the credit switch to, say the coin return, to make a credit button on the outside (assuming this is for home use).