Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 7 ~ Arabian (closes 2-Jun)

Carpet magic …

MGLXXXIX – Game 7 ~ Arabian

Nominated by gamer: bigredbird

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: arabian.

c9IcCeS.png

Game Story:

You play an adventurous Arabian prince and your goal is to rescue the princess from her palace. In your quest you will sail the seas, crawl in caves and fly magic carpets. Score points on the way for picking up the letters in "A-R-A-B-I-A-N" and get a bonus if they are collected in order. Use the 8-way joystick to jump, super-jump, walk, crawl or climb in all directions. Tap the Kick button to boot your enemies out of the way.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 2 June 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 7 … Sail the high seas and more …

First and last time played in mid 2016 during MGL29.

Now please watch how gamers played this game in the 80s. Gotta love the strategy of picking what you are worst at first.

:)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This version is also alot easier than the Atari version, if you happen to find a real cabinet (at least in the US). On the Atari version, you can only fall a short distance before dying. This one you can fall all the way from the top and still live. Also, I don't know if it affects the difficulty of the game, but at some point, they fixed something that wasn't emulated right, and it fixed the giant bird flying across the top that drops eggs. (he doesn't appear in 106).

edit: I think only 2 roc's start out on the 1st board. Since the giant one isn't dropping them, those are the only 2 you see in 106. On later versions, he drops lots of roc's while you're on that board.

This version is also alot easier than the Atari version, if you happen to find a real cabinet (at least in the US). On the Atari version, you can only fall a short distance before dying. This one you can fall all the way from the top and still live. Also, I don't know if it affects the difficulty of the game, but at some point, they fixed something that wasn't emulated right, and it fixed the giant bird flying across the top that drops eggs. (he doesn't appear in 106).

edit: I think only 2 roc's start out on the 1st board. Since the giant one isn't dropping them, those are the only 2 you see in 106. On later versions, he drops lots of roc's while you're on that board.

Great feedback on the difference. Thanks. So we are playing the easier version. Cool.

Pessimeister: 28, 700

0004.png.fc601b17d0e4c8a26dbb09b2e0ce9648.png

Had a few goes at this for the first time last night. The whiff of Kangaroo is faintly detectable (Sun Electronics) from the scoring font to the wacky sound changing whenever you pull off a kick. The third section is proving pretty rough for me with keyboard at the moment; definitely need to practice that should I wish to improve. Way to go by the bird with the red feathers with the benchmark 100+ k score!

P.S: Cheers to @OOO for the Starcade link - that set me off on some binge watching late last night. :) I've never really been exposed to that show before.

Edited by Pessimeister

Day 3 of 17 ...

Here's the 1st scoreboard on Arabian ...

SoFfmwr.png

It will take some great video gaming skills to do well in this game. That's for sure ... http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

:)

Have I been playing MGL since 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yes spot on. Your first tournament was MGL28 which started on 3-June-2016. So your 3rd anniversary is coming up soon ... :113:

Interesting, the other gamers to make their debut in MGL28 were bensweeneyonbass (Ben), Bishop83 (Alex), creech (Jeff), CWK (Clay), Dom (David James' great little son, probably all grown up now), Flash IV (Bob), JR_OutRun86 (Sean Tagg's little scout fighter), Mar, nick666101 (Nick), RichyS (Rich), rotunda, Sawys (Sebastien), SoltyD (Brian), SMK (Stephen), spectre (Jacob), Tazmanian, thejudge, Zander (another nipper of David James) and zanderzone himself (David). That's 20 new starters. You were in great debut company back then.