Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Announcing the 7th annual Wildball League.

Join Australia's Premier Pinball League. Enjoy pinball from 5 decades, from the Electro Mechanical and Solid State years, through the DMD age and into the current era.

The prestigious Wildball Trophy is up for grabs again. In order to scribe your initials on the trophy you will need to defeat some of the most skilled players in Australia.

See and play lovingly restored games from yesteryear, in some of the most amazing collections Sydney has to offer.

Enjoy the camaraderie of other Pinball Enthusiasts and foster a sense of community in Sydney for this wonderful pastime.

The Meets.

1. 2/2/19 - Host Pinlinds

2. 23/3/19 - Host Nasco

3. 6/4/19 - Host Pinoffski

4. 11/5/19 - Host Greg McMahon

5. 29/6/19 - Host Skids

6. 13/7/19 - Host Audioenslaved

7. 3/8/19 - Host Cardini

8. 14/9/19 - Host Symonz

9. 12/10/19 - Host Pinball_freak

10. 16/11/19 - Host Mickleh (Penrith)

Dates may vary.

The Hosts.

Our ever gracious Hosts have again allowed us to come and play their extensive collections. This year we have two new hosts providing even greater diversity to the playing group.

The Throng. Thanks to you as well for supporting Wildball. The social aspect of our league is what makes it so special. Prior years have shown us that around 30 attendees is a comfortable number. So we will be offering the places to the Wildball faithful first, listed below. That said, we happily encourage the 'significant others' to join in the fun!

please PM or add to this thread to confirm your attendance.

Players

confirmed in Bold

Audioenslaved

Brett and Naiomi

Cardini

Dedrok

Defender1980

Fire_power

Furballx

Goodoldays

Greg McMahon & Michelle

Mar

Mrs Mar

BSS

Malone

Mickleh

Nasco62

Mr and Mrs. Pinofski

Pinballfreak

Rawdon

Ronl008 & Dloe007

Silverbak

Skids

Swedishtaxi

Thejudge

Gomeroz

nich2pat

timebandit

oz_pinhead

golja

Jamie

Aceman

6m$man

ZAC

Ian

Railways

Pinlinds

DivMon

Jug123

Symonz

Wedgehead

db666

Competition.

I want to stress the comp side of Wildball is only part of the fun. The social aspect is equally important. We all have a fondness for Pinball - Tournament play is only a part. The Wildball Meets are held in the games rooms of gracious hosts, with the most diverse range of machines.

General playing, repairing, restoring, and plain old reminiscing ( bull sh*ting about the old days) are just as important to this wonderful game. It's all part of the Wildball camaraderie.

Fees.

Each player pays $40 for the year. All funds collected are returned to the playing group in the form of Trophy's and prize money. $20 is also paid each meet to cover food and (soft drinks) supplied by the host.

The following detail are formalities in the main.

IFPA awaiting approval.

FORMAT:

The comps at each meet will start around 5.30pm - 6pm.

This year we will be running three formal competitions so as to maximise the WPPR points on offer, we will have three seasons, each of 3 qualifying rounds.

These qualifying rounds will be played in the Herb style format with 3 rounds consisting of 5/6 games per round and a season final consisting of best of 3 single elimination bracket format. Top 16 will advance to the final (or 50 percent of field if less than 32 qualifiers).

the finals will be played just prior to the start of the following round.

Date of Finals will be shown above.

See you at the first round.

Edited by cardini

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey all.

I created a Wildball VII calendar that you can import into your calendar platform of choice; Google Calendar, iCal, Outlook etc.

Just download and unzip the .ics file and find the import calendar option to have all the Wildball dates magically appear for 2019 [emoji4]

Any updates/edits should be automatic as well and push to your platform.

Happy Holidays

Andy

aannddyygg@gmail.com.ical.zip

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

what???

Wildbal is my life

Births daths and marragies com second

loli neednew bttttteries i m k boaaaaaaord

- - - Updated - - -

new batteries

wildball is YOUR life

births deaths and marragies come second

(no excuse Naomi :lol)

I’d love to say yes again, but the last 6 months were crazy and I couldn’t make it to any (? maybe one) events. Looks like the next 6 months might be the same, so rather than hog a spot I’d rather give it up to someone who can actually make it.

Still keen for next year, or even 2nd half of this year if possible or may be able to make it to a couple of meets, hosts agreeing.

I’d love to say yes again, but the last 6 months were crazy and I couldn’t make it to any (? maybe one) events. Looks like the next 6 months might be the same, so rather than hog a spot I’d rather give it up to someone who can actually make it.

Still keen for next year, or even 2nd half of this year if possible or may be able to make it to a couple of meets, hosts agreeing.

You are welcome to attend at the pinoffski meet on the 6th of April...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk