State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Australia

Elektra

Trying to sort an issue out with my Elektra.
    Its done this since I bought it.
    When you are playing on the lower playfield sometimes the upper playfield flippers flip and the GI lights flash at the same time, I have held the lower flippers up and bashed the side of the cabinet thinking it maybe switch related but nothing, it only happens when flipping, game plays normally on the upper playfield, no random flipping on the lower playfield, hope that makes sense.
    any ideas please.

Done so far...
    All eos switches adjusted
    All flipper switches adjusted
    Triacs replaced as one was faulty
    Swapped Aux driver Boards, checked bulbs
    Swapped solenoid expander, checked bulb

Cheers.

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1252 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by greydog View Post
    Trying to sort an issue out with my Elektra.
    Its done this since I bought it.
    When you are playing on the lower playfield sometimes the upper playfield flippers flip and the GI lights flash at the same time, I have held the lower flippers up and bashed the side of the cabinet thinking it maybe switch related but nothing, it only happens when flipping, game plays normally on the upper playfield, no random flipping on the lower playfield, hope that makes sense.
    any ideas please.

Done so far...
    All eos switches adjusted
    All flipper switches adjusted
    Triacs replaced as one was faulty
    Swapped Aux driver Boards, checked bulbs
    Swapped solenoid expander, checked bulb

Cheers.
    You mentioned the solenoid expander board. I presume that board has something to do with the upper playfield?. Check the light bulb that is under the playfield for the expander board for a loose bulb, socket or connection. That bulb puts a load on the driver circuit and without it, it won't drive the relay or transistor, ( depending on what type of board), correctly. If the filament in the bulb is failing or the bulb has a bad connection in the socket, it will cause this board to drop out.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Australia

Thanks @Autosteve
    The solenoid expander comes on to activate the lower playfield, just checked the bulb is good and shines bright when lower playfield is activated, however the relay is vibrating, I'm going to swap it again and see what happens

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Australia

Swapped it with my Medusa solenoid expander and made it worse the only difference are these numbers printed on the board under "solenoid expander" all the rest the same.
    Medusa...... 1482
    Elektra........ 30-81
    The Elektra one has had work previously, think its dodgy.1557989265608.jpeg1557989865400.jpeg

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    Australia
    a difference I have seen in the past is a jumper on some boards and not on others, related to the switching of the 43VDC.
    have you checked the pins in the header plug?
    have you checked for any dry joints on the header and relay pins on the board?
    are you able power up the relay on its own, out of the machine?

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    a difference I have seen in the past is a jumper on some boards and not on others, related to the switching of the 43VDC.
    have you checked the pins in the header plug? YES... ALL GOOD
    have you checked for any dry joints on the header and relay pins on the board? YES...ALL GOOD, REFLOWED FOR GOOD MEASURE.
    are you able power up the relay on its own, out of the machine? NO..UNFORTUNATELY.
    Got a few issues with other plugs in the backbox which I will be replacing, there are some wires with the green slime which need attention too, I'll fix that all up first and see how it goes.

Thread Information