Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Abandoned resort Bali

We read about this fully finished ready to open Tommy Suharto resort in Bali that was abandoned when he went to jail in 2002. It is in the mountains in Bedugul and is truely magnificent. It was a multi million dollar building and is still relatively intact as there is very little vandalism in Bali. The gates are locked, but we slipped the little shop owner rp50k ($5) and he let us in via his adjoining gate. Wandered around , inside and out. You can see the millions of dollars that were wasted everywhere. The following link has all the pics and info.

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/pi%20bedugul%20taman%20rekreasi%20hotel%20and%20resort/entity/CgoIpcLtsdHJ4spbEAE/photos?g2lb=4207876%2C4208993%2C4220293%2C4223281%2C4242898%2C4244186%2C4245928%2C4253230%2C4254308%2C4256748%2C4258168%2C4250437%2C4251519%2C4253015&hl=en&gl=id&un=1&q=pi%20bedugul%20taman%20rekreasi%20hotel%20and%20resort&rp=OAJAAEgB&ictx=1&ved=2ahUKEwjQ27PN2p7iAhUQRa0KHbmIA6QQ3z56BAgNEAA&tcfs=EgBSAA

If you get a chance to go there, do it. Better than all the temples etc. Just book a local fixed price ride for about $50 for the whole day, and then go on to Bedugul to see the lake temple. Makes for a great day.

Best of all , no lane hogging bike riders.

FB_IMG_1557961149330.jpeg.5a135722d91602e6560c2d3700a0395a.jpeg

Sent from my MYA-L02 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Apparently till few years ago was crocodiles left behind from a failed zoo section. They got captured and relocated
No that was in the abandoned amusement park... Going there later this week . Lots of abandoned buildings, resorts, planes etc here in Bali. The latest is Donald Trump's Golf resort near Tanah Lot.

No that was in the abandoned amusement park... Going there later this week . Lots of abandoned buildings, resorts, planes etc here in Bali. The latest is Donald Trump's Golf resort near Tanah Lot.

I'm SPEWING that moron bought Pan Pacific...

Twas literally the best resort ever on this planet!

PRICK. He left a perfect functioning resort with hundreds of locals working there to rot..

Ah my bad. One too many poolside drinks last visit to remember much

Give me a half hour with the Gerni and 45 minutes on the weed wacker and I reckon we start taking bookings........ What??? Bloody doubters.......

Looks like Jeff is my plus 1. Half the expected work detail times obviously........

The latest on this abandoned hotel resort, it appears someone has bought it and decided to restore it. It is quite a spooky experience walking through it knowing a lot of people lost their lives in the original build etc. But to see it again in a few years if the restoration goes ahead will be a good contrast. I very much doubt it will actually happen, given it has sat decaying since 2002, and the standard of Bali building quality.