State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1292 Post(s)
    Australia

Bluetooth Receiver recommendations

Can anyone recommend any good quality blue tooth receivers, more about sound quality as I want to use it in a CD jukebox as an alternative music source for playlists off a tablet. It will use the RCA input as the machine will still stay in original condition. Heaps of sub $20 units but a bit unsure of sound quality . Thanks

State
    Atwell Perth
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    273 Post(s)
    Australia
    I have used this type on a Juke project, works fine to a Sony Bluetooth speaker

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless...UAAOSw1PJbDhyA

or a tx rx set up with these

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2in1-Wir...AAAOSwWB5cd6fF

State
    nsw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Australia
    Chromecast Audio 100% for sound quality

s-l1600 (47).jpg

State
    Central QLD
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Australia
    Mmm, cool idea for wireless headphones on Pinball perhaps ?

May be easy to work with Spike 2 if CPU USB can provide nominal 1A
    Would need a pinnovators jack or similar + a 3.5 mm splitter if you want to run sub as well.

I might give it a go.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Goog...frcectupt=true
    Pinball, Its an Addiction

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1292 Post(s)
    Australia

I don't know why these modern pinballs don't have the capability of this yet, so you could uses blue tooth headphones. It seems that the Google Chromecast works through a WI Fi app so Wi Fi is required. I don't think that would suit my need because with blue tooth it's seems so much easier to allow your device to find it and then play to it without the need for Wi-Fi. The scenario is a bluetooth receiver plugged into the juke amp through an RCA input, then any device be it a phone or ipad can play the music through the jukebox. Just need to find a good quality receiver. Hoping someone hear has been using a receiver that has delivered good results.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by hotty View Post
    I don't know why these modern pinballs don't have the capability of this yet, so you could uses blue tooth headphones. It seems that the Google Chromecast works through a WI Fi app so Wi Fi is required. I don't think that would suit my need because with blue tooth it's seems so much easier to allow your device to find it and then play to it without the need for Wi-Fi. The scenario is a bluetooth receiver plugged into the juke amp through an RCA input, then any device be it a phone or ipad can play the music through the jukebox. Just need to find a good quality receiver. Hoping someone hear has been using a receiver that has delivered good results.
    you're a mongrel I'm trying to not spend, but after reading this thread I'm looking at a chromecast to try and link to my receiver in the pinball room so I can play spotify. Good quality amps are worth nothing in the end, so I kept one of mine just to play music downstairs but its now around 10YO so doesn't have usb, bluetooth etc. Currently I hook that Chinese jukebox thing to it because it has bluetooth. So I hope this will work

State
    Atwell Perth
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    273 Post(s)
    Australia
    A lot of the cheap Ebay ones have transmit and receive capabilities, the one I used on my Juke does both, I just never tried to do music from my phone to the Juke as I would just connect to the Bluetooth speaker straight from the phone.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1292 Post(s)
    Australia

Google Chromecast is good if you want to run apps through a device, I don't think it's blue tooth but rather network driven. If you want to use your old amp then you just need a 3.5mm to RCA lead to plug into your amp and chromecast. I was just looking for opinions off people if they know of a good unit that's under $100. I do know of hi end units that range around 200-300 but that may be a last resort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
    A lot of the cheap Ebay ones have transmit and receive capabilities, the one I used on my Juke does both, I just never tried to do music from my phone to the Juke as I would just connect to the Bluetooth speaker straight from the phone.
    How is the sound quality when transmitted. Are you using a bluetooth speaker in the juke and not the speakers themselves. The Juke I plan on doing this in is a OMT 1015 which has high sound quality speakers and amp.

State
    Atwell Perth
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    273 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by hotty View Post
    How is the sound quality when transmitted. Are you using a bluetooth speaker in the juke and not the speakers themselves. The Juke I plan on doing this in is a OMT 1015 which has high sound quality speakers and amp.
    Im no audiophile, it sounds great to me, people who come to the party also say it sounds great, and at the end of the day @ sub $20 it does the job.

The speaker I use is the Sony GTK-N1BT much like this one http://tech-thetechnology.blogspot.c...h-nfc-and.html
    Little bit old now, but still does the job.

I just stick the juke near a power point and put the speaker on the other side of the area up above head height slightly angling down, never had to turn it all the way up.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1292 Post(s)
    Australia

I found this in case anyone else has the urge to do something similar. The logitech seems like a reasonable product. But there are a couple of expensive ones in there.
    https://www.lifewire.com/best-blueto...eivers-4138227
    I will post my thoughts here for others once I get one to try.
    Last edited by hotty; 1 Week Ago at 10:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information