Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL12 Game 8 - Close Encounters of the Third Kind [FINISHED]

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Gottlieb 1978)

Original game design: Ed Krynski

VP10 game: BorgDog, nFozzy, Rothbauerw, Ninuzzu, Pinuck

Close Encounters of the Third Kind comp will run until 26th May

[ATTACH=CONFIG]147870[/ATTACH]

Download here: http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/close-encounters-gottlieb-1978/

Rom: https://wowroms.com/en/roms/mame/close-encounters-of-the-third-kind/79544.html

Backglass (cabs only) : http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/close-encounters-gottlieb-1978-b2s/

This is the eighth game of 8 total games to be played in VPGL12.

TOURNEY RULES

- 8 games played for 2 weeks each, Games that have multiple nominations will be posted first, then the rest drawn at random from the pool of nominations.

- VP10 version only. No user-modded tables unless purely graphical/lighting preferences. No tweaking of flipper strengths, changing table slope, etc.

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't post your already existing high score

- play desktop on a PC or full screen in a vpin

- This is an honour system and purely for fun. Submit a score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please.

Points system:

1: 20

2: 19

3: 18

and so on.

NEW RULE: BALL 1 HERO

Bonus point (1) for the best Ball 1 score. Take a pic at the end of Ball 1 and post at any time

NB: the player currently leading the tournament cannot claim the Ball 1 Hero points. They can still be the Ball 1 Hero, though

Let the flipping commence!

SCORES:

Ball 1 Hero: Jed 482,550

1. Kane 798,040

2. Skids 763,260

3. Jed 688,880

4. JAR 603,030

5. MrBungle 426,670

6. Bishop 414,970

Edited by Jed

Awesome :)

This table used to be at our local Drive-In. Spent a fair bit of time playing it when i should have been in the car watching the movie...

I remembered this story from when this table previously came up in a VPGL as soon as I saw the randomizer spit it out.

I remembered this story from when this table previously came up in a VPGL as soon as I saw the randomizer spit it out.
Yes. I'm old, and I tend to repeat myself a lot without realising it [emoji50]

15k on the last ball :(

so much harder than the vp9 version which used to roll easily, this plays much more true.

sometimes it seems like you hit extra ball, but it either doesn pay at all, or the light comes on after end of ball ?

you have to love when that top pop bumper gets A-B-C without you lifting a finger :)

20190523-191312.jpg[/url]

15k on the last ball :(

so much harder than the vp9 version which used to roll easily, this plays much more true.

sometimes it seems like you hit extra ball, but it either doesn pay at all, or the light comes on after end of ball ?

you have to love when that top pop bumper gets A-B-C without you lifting a finger :)

https://i.postimg.cc/cLhZnV3f/20190523-191312.jpg[/url]

still nowhere near rolling it, disapointed :p

I downloaded the table from the lnk in the first post and the install instructions said this ->

File includes an nvram file that sets the replay values to what is shown on the cards, place in vpinmamenvram folder. Note, this is also set for extra ball play

I played one game, had about 4 extra ball, and rolled the score easily. I'm guessing this is not what everyone else is doing.

Should I delete the install NVRAM and go to default or does everyone else want to play it like this?

I downloaded the table from the lnk in the first post and the install instructions said this ->

I played one game, had about 4 extra ball, and rolled the score easily. I'm guessing this is not what everyone else is doing.

Should I delete the install NVRAM and go to default or does everyone else want to play it like this?

given there's only a day left I think keep it at default without all the nvram shenanigans etc. I didn't notice that from when JAR posted this game, i'm just playing the version i already had on the cab.

Close Encounters has now finished. Congrats to Kane for taking this one out! Ball 1 Hero was taken by yours truly.

Final scores were:

SCORES:

Ball 1 Hero: Jed 482,550

1. Kane 798,040

2. Skids 763,260

3. Jed 688,880

4. JAR 603,030

5. MrBungle 426,670

6. Bishop 414,970

Comp wrap up to follow shortly.