Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help Installing New 20” CGA Monitor

Hashman

Question

My 20” Xybots arcade machines chassis has died and I have a spare new screen and chassis I want to put in.

No wires are attached to the tube and I don’t know where to solder the wires to.

Hoping someone can tell me from these pics?

ba370595232f438f1af71928812fa1b4.jpg

308a4c6de3edad1b1a830b1d014036e5.jpg

fab68581a1289e9191c3ee06f5384328.jpg

8c5331ddc588f2f505d1ade416c9261b.jpg

da6907f9bdaebfa89defba1d3b4d0295.jpg

f68ff33b323eea545c536de1d25d5cfe.jpg

Looks like an Orion.

Oh yes! The screen is an Orion as well. Hopefully can get fixed as the 20" screen has always been really nice. Except for some R Type Leo slight burn in haha.

The 19" and chassis I put in has been sitting in my garage for 10 years. Once I measured the ohms and got the H and V wires soldered to the the yoke properly all I had to do was then give it a massive hit with the degaus wand and fix the convergence.

Looks really nice in person but I am missing that extra inch (yeah yeah I've heard it before :P )

Oh yes! The screen is an Orion as well. Hopefully can get fixed as the 20" screen has always been really nice. Except for some R Type Leo slight burn in haha.

The 19" and chassis I put in has been sitting in my garage for 10 years. Once I measured the ohms and got the H and V wires soldered to the the yoke properly all I had to do was then give it a massive hit with the degaus wand and fix the convergence.

Looks really nice in person but I am missing that extra inch (yeah yeah I've heard it before :P )

I'm sure Joey repairs these, and providing it's not the LOPT, I'm sure he will having looking great in no time :)

Well done getting the other monitor sorted too! :023:

A46 tubes (i.e. 19" with 18" viewable screen for TV use) are very rare (the M46 PC monitor counterparts on the other hand are common). The only arcade cabs that use this size are a couple of SNK candies:

Leo jumped on it though, so maybe there were some used over here in Aus as well?

Help Installing New 20” CGA Monitor

A46 tubes (i.e. 19" with 18" viewable screen for TV use) are very rare (the M46 PC monitor counterparts on the other hand are common). The only arcade cabs that use this size are a couple of SNK candies:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/SNK_Neo_19

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/SNK_SC19-4

That’s very cool info and funny since it’s now sitting in my neo geo cab!

That new Toshiba tube looks like it is from the lot sold by Bumper in early 2000's. Should be paired with an Entron ET999A chassis and must be used with an isolation transformer, regardless of the fact is says Free Voltage on the chassis.

A few of these are installed in machines at Pincadia and looked pretty good last time I saw them. @Johns-Arcade might be able to shed a little more light on it all.

That new Toshiba tube looks like it is from the lot sold by Bumper in early 2000's. Should be paired with an Entron ET999A chassis and must be used with an isolation transformer, regardless of the fact is says Free Voltage on the chassis.

A few of these are installed in machines at Pincadia and looked pretty good last time I saw them. @Johns-Arcade might be able to shed a little more light on it all.

Yeah the Toshiba 21” is was out of a cocktail cab. Aussie made thing for sure. Will put up a pic later.

The new 19” Panasonic has an amazing picture. Might just leave it in there!!!

02856dbf59b5a63ed2b6ec876f777874.jpg