Thread: Road to Pinburgh 2020 - RGR - 50kg weightloss challenge

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2220 Post(s)
    Australia

All set... Think this is the best way to upload an image of the chart rather than keep updating a link? Might use the link for Facebook....

Weight Loss Chart (1).png

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)
    Australia
    Maybe have a skim through this thread - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...BASTARD-Week!!

I think F45 might be a bit tough as something to start getting into/back into exercising with. Very intense if you haven't exercised in a while.

Food is probably more important than exercise I would say. If you think you could cut your food bill down by $30-$60 a week then you could spend that money on getting a gym membership etc.

I have found that there having someone to motivate and push you along helps a lot. If that is doing a class or having personal training sessions then that would be a good start/. I guess this is the point of this thread/group. You'll have people here to motivate you.. The gym at work has started doing 50 minute classes and so instead of sitting at my desk and eating lunch I can go and do exercise. If you can get into a routine of exercise then it makes it easier. I feel bad when I miss a lunch session now.

Good luck with it Richard.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    Australia
    Here is a good at home start

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2220 Post(s)
    Australia

Just going to concentrate on cardio and eating well for the first month or 2.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    637 Post(s)
    Australia
    Good luck Richard. This is totally achievable in the time you have set without being too hard on yourself. I’ve been through my own health and fitness “recovery” journey in the past few years and have learned and firmly believe in a few key things:

Paleo and ketogenic eating principles are how the human body evolved to function. The moving away from which has resulted in western people’s increasing rate of metabolic syndrome and the health problems it creates.

While exercise is a good thing - you don’t have to smash yourself. Frequent walking and keeping the overall “body” moving is fine. Too much cardio and gym will leave you tired, sore and hungry and you can get run down and sick - especially if you haven’t been active for years.

While weight loss is measurable and often the motivating factor initially - I focussed on telling myself I want to be as well as I can be for the rest of my life. A key warning was that I didn’t want to develop diabetes like my dad - who ate what the “experts” recommended for his whole life. The food pyramid promotes too many carbs and fructose. It’s wrong. I found the weight loss followed without being too focussed on the scales.

I also bought an Apple Watch and used it to track all my movement, exercise and sleep. This has been really helpful and interesting. It’s like a ally and coach on your wrist.

Read books on wellness along the way. I can PM you some that were informative to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    Newcastle
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RGR View Post
    Just going to concentrate on cardio and eating well for the first month or 2.
    Hey Richard
    Looked at the graph and its achievable..
    Your initial weight loss will be done through diet...dont sweat the exercise too much but it will help.
    If you are attending the Brisbane Masters we should catch up and have a chat.... I may have a few tips and tricks for you.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2220 Post(s)
    Australia

Yeah I think its important to not feel guilty or that I am wasting my time when I occasionally eat bad food, which I am going to plan on eating say once every 2-3 weeks.

I am planning to come up from Thurs to Sun for the Masters. Def have a chat then!

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1298 Post(s)
    Australia
    When dieting and exercising regularly it becomes a mind game with yourself. Expect the guilt trip it's normal.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2220 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by hotty View Post
    When dieting and exercising regularly it becomes a mind game with yourself. Expect the guilt trip it's normal.
    Hence why I started just after Grunta's meet!! hehhehehe

State
    WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Australia
    Good luck mate; totally agree the initial key will be food. Heavier exercise will be easier once you've lost a bit as well; look after those joints. I lost prob between 15-20kg years ago and it was life changer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information