Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Road to Pinburgh 2020 - RGR - 50kg weightloss challenge

RGR

Just going to concentrate on cardio and eating well for the first month or 2.

Hey Richard

Looked at the graph and its achievable..

Your initial weight loss will be done through diet...dont sweat the exercise too much but it will help.

If you are attending the Brisbane Masters we should catch up and have a chat.... I may have a few tips and tricks for you.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think its important to not feel guilty or that I am wasting my time when I occasionally eat bad food, which I am going to plan on eating say once every 2-3 weeks.

I am planning to come up from Thurs to Sun for the Masters. Def have a chat then! :)

When dieting and exercising regularly it becomes a mind game with yourself. Expect the guilt trip it's normal.

Hence why I started just after Grunta's meet!! hehhehehe

Good luck mate; totally agree the initial key will be food. Heavier exercise will be easier once you've lost a bit as well; look after those joints. I lost prob between 15-20kg years ago and it was life changer.

Great that you are focusing one your health Richard you are a good dude and deserve to live well, but f&^ked if I can understand why people should pay you money for that?

15 years ago I lost 40kg and now I'm a fit as f*&k MTB marathon racer, it costs me heaps to maintain a top of the line bike and race in international events, perhaps I should ask for others to pay that for me?

It aint about the $$ its just about the support that I am getting. I dont wanna feel bad for people spending cash knowing that it would not be worthwhile if I didnt make the effort. Just about motivation thats all. Been to pinburgh before so it aint about that either. Just thought would be a good goal to work towards and potentially give away thousands.... well I hope. I could not be happier if I ended up -$10k down. It means I won Pinburgh and am +50 kgs lighter. If you wanna start a gofundme for yourself, whats the worst that can happen.. people wont donate.

If you wanna start a gofundme for yourself, whats the worst that can happen.. people wont donate.

Nope, IMO much worse than that, but that is up to you to decide and obviously you have already.

Losing weight is a personal and optional choice to enhance your life and usually costs less that remaining overweight. So respectfully could you please explain why others should pay you money to achieve your goals and how more money will help you be less obese?

Should they? No. Not expecting anyone to. FYI its not about the amount of $ rather than the amount of people that support me. So far the reception has been great. Its that all the support I get, thats enough. As I said before, it aint about the $$$ its about the support. Chuck in $5, you never know you might win $10K usd. But I would be more appreciative of the support. Oh btw, you know I dont get shit if I dont lose 50kg right? Would you rather I gave it to you instead? That would help pay for the bike. Edited by RGR

Nope, I would rather you loose weight for your own personal health gain without any $$$ involved at all, I would fully support that and give all the advice and encouragement I could :D

Nope, I would rather you loose weight for your own personal health gain without any $$$ involved at all, I would fully support that and give all the advice and encouragement I could :D
I've had a chat to a couple of people that have similar opinions. I think it's a pretty crappy attitude to have towards the situation. But At LEAST those people haven't publically said anything to 'encourage' Richard.

I can't think of many others ways to donate money that has a direct influence on somes health.

I wouldn't care if it was 10kgs for a million dollars. It's motivation that works for Richard because he loves pinball and that's the language that he understands to spur him on.

Awesome stuff. You should shorten the KGs and timeline when you posts pics at the start as it's super hard to read on mobile!

will stick out more after a couple of months

FYI if any one decides they would rather bank transfer please use the following details:

CommBank

Richard Rhodes

BSB: 063113

ACC: 1122 9257

:)

The support has been great so far! Thanks everyone!

Some advise re goal line. Losing weight isn't a straight line progression. Expect major loses early on., then maybe remaining stagnant before a gradual lose from then on. Building muscle at the same time is another story that can really effect your loss numbers. Good luck with the journey but don't panic during stage two

Yeah I know it aint straight, its going to go up and down all the way.. Just have to make sure that I stay above it for most of the way! I agree as well with the major loses... Harder to lose the weight the less you have of it.

Yeah but its keeping it off thats the issue. Pretty much staying in the middle is the issue. I actually was thinking about F45 classes.... they look quite good but from what I have seen online, they cost ~$60 a week! Does anyone know anything about them?

Coincidentally I recently started F45 myself. It is quite expensive, $66 a week on a casual plan, $60 if you commit to at least 6 months. Really have to go 4+ times a week to justify the cost.

Biggest benefit is the same as you get with something like Crossfit - most of the positives of personal training at a lower (albeit still high) price point.

Another difference for F45 vs other gyms is that everything runs like clockwork. The classes are exactly 45 minutes, every exercise and even the warmups are timed to the second. They cycle through a ton of different movements in every class so they aren't boring/you don't get stuck on something you hate for more than a couple of minutes. You can pace yourself to make the classes harder or easier but the coaching side of it isn't great (there isn't really time to focus much on teaching). Crossfit was much better for the coaching side of things in my experience.

Honestly though you could get a cheap exercise bike or rowing machine for the cost of a couple weeks of F45 and sit it in front of the television while you watch Netflix or whatever.

Or better yet... maybe you can figure out a way to put one of those ultra-compact treadmills under a pinball machine