Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 6 ~ Q*bert (closes 26-May)

Colorful pyramids …

MGLXXXIX – Game 6 ~ Q*bert

Nominated by gamer: John73

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: qbert. The default settings are 3 lives per game, difficulty normal, 1st extra life 8,000 and each additional 14,000.

hsgxyLB.png

Game Story:

You must have Q*bert hop on all the squares of each pyramid and change them into the color that they are required to be. Everytime Q*bert is hit by something, he says "@!?@!". You must be careful and be sure that Q*bert does not fall off the pyramid.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 26 May 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 6 … Make Coily jump off the pyramid …

Last played in MGL28 in mid 2016.

unnIPBt.jpg UkvJ3X7.jpg

:)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry

I know I'm supposed to embrace the challenge, improve my skills and learn to love the game but considering my feelings for Q*Bert are the same as John73's feelings for Burgertime it's going to be a long 2 weeks

:cry

I know I'm supposed to embrace the challenge, improve my skills and learn to love the game but considering my feelings for Q*Bert are the same as John73's feelings for Burgertime it's going to be a long 2 weeks

Poor old Q*bert. Now you have made him upset ... and he likes you too ...

nlJ2rM4.png

:lol

12:20am - been home from work for nearly 1 hour - need to be up in 7 hours - do I play a game? oh how I love Q*Bert :)

For those that didn't see the "news" posts - Warren Davis, the programmer of Q*Bert is coming to Australia for the Gala-Gala event at Pincadia at the end of this month - we'll be getting Q*Bert marquees printed up for him to sign - PM me if you're interested - should have pricing in the next 24 hours (sorry to side track and put a sales spiel in the MGL).

Been soooo busy lately I haven't had time to practice Q*Bert - I'm considering if I want to go for a TG top 10 score on this, but it's in the vicinity of 20 hours and I think I'm too old to play a game that long - we'll see what happens...... Will put up a mediocre score shortly on MAME, but will more than likely try to play Q*Bert at Pincadia to get more practice sitting at a real machine prior to the event in 3 weeks time.

Always loved this game! So hard to find them with working “kickers”.

The Atari 2600 had a pretty decent port for the time until Colecovision came out with so many of their great conversions.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Always loved this game! So hard to find them with working “kickers”.

The Atari 2600 had a pretty decent port for the time until Colecovision came out with so many of their great conversions.

My old cat used to love watching me play Q*Bert on the Atari...she'd watch him bounce around the cubes and try and catch him :D

Quick attempt after an 11 hour night shift although I don't tend to play this much better when I'm wide awake. Took 5 attempts just to start jumping in the directions I actually wanted to.

Time for bed :sleep

qbert.png.3b7e1a9d3dee2655ee6efc0112283543.png

Poor old Q*bert. Now you have made him upset ... and he likes you too ...

https://i.imgur.com/nlJ2rM4.png

:lol

Sorry Q*Bert. It's nothing personal. Just dealing with the creatures who inhabit your pyramid that tends to ruin my occasional visits.

Hopefully this will go a little way towards redeeming myself. My previous PB was in MGL 20 and was the last game I played before flying to NZ. Anything above 55K is uncharted territory.

Off to the pub for a 5PM breakfast beer now. Might even have one for my little orange friend Q*Bert

qbert.png.cc12687329caa3f93486a1d62a4c0ff8.png

Off to the pub for a 5PM breakfast beer now. Might even have one for my little orange friend Q*Bert

:cheers:

- - - Updated - - -

May as well have been... kept jumping off the side. Until...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DearestClutteredGrunion-size_restricted.gif

Nice dog. Here's some help on how to play Q*bert, or maybe not how to play ... :026: And mum get's to play, maybe you should invite your mum to have a game?

:)

Watch the above Starcade episode to see the contestants demonstrate how not to play QBert!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yeah it was pretty funny. I've been trying to get some of the other staff to play it at the arcade, these are non-gamers - a lot of people really have trouble getting their head around the joystick direction and the iso graphics.

I loathe this game.

I know there are those that love it, I do not understand why.

I think it is one of the worst games ever. Ever. Ever. Worse than Atari 2600 E.T.

That being said, I will become positive from this post on and do my best to learn this game.

I have already passed my score of 6,300 from MGL 28 so ,‘Yay, WooHoo!’, I guess.

520468796_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1557531149.632946.thumb.jpg.40f9fa5ff49cac03baa4ea817e4d2960.jpg

Early tip, which I've given before - if you use keyboard (as I am atm since my controller is at work) - I map the keys this way in MAME:

keyboard.thumb.png.a53287d69d25f8fdbc21d865314a19a4.png

Put your hands on the keys like this and they are facing in the direction that Q*Bert will jump - hope this makes sense.