Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Local library cocktail cabinet - value?

Hi Aussie Arcaders

If anyone has visited the local library in Ballarat recently, they may have seen that they have a little arcade cocktail machine tucked away in the fiction section. Unfortunately it isn't currently working though and has been there for awhile. I enquired about who owned it awhile back but never really got a response.

I was just curious what it might be worth? Perhaps someone could make them an offer as it's just been sitting there for at least a year or so.

It bears the brand name Sportivo Di Vinci. I've attached a couple of photos. Can anyone offer any insight on it? I remember the library had several other machines in a display created by youth groups a couple of years ago.

LibraryCocktailCabinet.thumb.jpg.88fb9ddf90b58aabd9040e490e21e0f9.jpgLibraryCocktailCabinet2.thumb.jpg.f0abeadd5837f4dc3b18f60badc89413.jpg

chinese table by the looks.. based on the brand it was sold by all table sports. its probably got a flat bios battery or a stuffed multiboard.

There would be more value in karma by fixing it for them than trying to steal it. if you need help bring it down

similar to https://www.alltablesports.com.au/classic-cocktail-arcade-multi-games-machine

Thanks wiredoug.

Aye, ultimately I'd just like to see the machine working again. :) Whether that be at the library for public use or in someone's collection who will care for it, doesn't bother me. Very curious to know what it has under the hood.

Edit:

I've tried switching it on obviously. There's seemingly no video output at all. The library is also aware of this but have yet to act to restore it.

Edited by Pessimeister

Thanks wiredoug.

Aye, ultimately I'd just like to see the machine working again. :) Whether that be at the library for public use or in someone's collection who will care for it, doesn't bother me. Very curious to know what it has under the hood.

most likely a crappy pc style device playing mame. if they havent played in a while the battery goes flat and it stops working with errors on bootup.

not a major issue for a tech but a show stopper for a librarian.