Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New secret weapon to use on cyclists.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go eat RAT SACK, I work 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year on my farm. I'm 61 and in better nic than you, you rodent.:p

WOW that must suck mate, maybe that explains why you dislike those who are out enjoying their recreation time? I'm 50 and hope to retire soon and just ride my bike every day :D

Sometimes I get stuck behind a slow tractor on the road. Sometimes I have to wait on a country road as a farmer moves his cattle across the road from one paddock to another.

I don't worry about it though. I understand I'm not the only road user, I wait a few seconds and then get on with my day.

This method works for cyclists too.

Sometimes I get stuck behind a slow tractor on the road. Sometimes I have to wait on a country road as a farmer moves his cattle across the road from one paddock to another.

I don't worry about it though. I understand I'm not the only road user, I wait a few seconds and then get on with my day.

This method works for cyclists too.

Exactly. We're all in this together. I am an angry person in general, but I feel that targeting my anger at such small and inconsequential things is utterly pointless.

So many people get so riled up about stuff that ultimately, has no large impact on their life whatsoever.

Let's all go and play some arcades and pins.

When will they make flying cars? I'm looking forward to that. I think beyond 2000 lied.

i grew up thinking there would be flying cars when i was an adult. This generation did too.

Who would be left to rage at when cars are in the air ? Would light planes air-rage flying cars, I wonder. Probably.

I can't wait to be a flying cyclist, taking up valuable air space that those flying cars have 'paid their insurance' for.

this is gold,need to find a cheap smokey diesel now!https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147756

That just looks like the guy in the truck being a prick for no reason

I think that cyclists using the road should follow the road rules ie stop for red lights and dont block the flow of traffic, other than that they dont bother me. I think its also a case of a few a$$holes giving the rest a bad name

Now that I have sobered up I will post what I should have posted last night :)

Racists and homophobes can thankfully no longer air their despicable views in public and hope to find support, they are quickly pointed out and shut down, as they should be.

Yet for some crazy reason people feel that they can direct all kinds of hatred towards cyclists, why? Sometimes they go as far as talking about plans to harm or kill them, this can be seen anytime cycling is discussed online in "public". Next time you see this, or even think about participating yourself try this little thought game. Try replacing the word "cyclist" with the word "Aboriginal" or "Jewish person" and then read the text again, does it now sound like racist hate speech that you would not support? If yes then why would you participate or turn a blind eye instead of calling the author out for being the hate monger that they are?

For example the original post in this thread "New Secret weapon to use on cyclists" now up to page four, what if it were titled "New secret weapon to use on Aboriginals" ? Oh.....shit....you can't say that, I'm sure none of you would be supporting that thread, yet cyclists oh they are fair game.

So the thread that shows a video of cyclists being purposefully physically assaulted is acceptable to some people and they even post their support publicly.

But what if the video showed a motorist assaulting Jewish people in the same manner? how many of you would support that?

Thankfully I find that in the real world people are not like they are online, every day I ride and smile and wave to happy motorists who treat me with courtesy and respect and I do the same. Share the roads and be happy :) show cyclists some love on the roads and online :D

Cyclists should be protected by the same hate speech laws that protect others, in a better world these laws would not even be necessary as people would not attack minority groups and wish harm upon them at all.

• Administrators

Racists and homophobes can thankfully no longer air their despicable views in public and hope to find support, they are quickly pointed out and shut down, as they should be.

Yet for some crazy reason people feel that they can direct all kinds of hatred towards cyclists, why? Sometimes they go as far as talking about plans to harm or kill them, this can be seen anytime cycling is discussed online in "public". Next time you see this, or even think about participating yourself try this little thought game. Try replacing the word "cyclist" with the word "Aboriginal" or "Jewish person" and then read the text again, does it now sound like racist hate speech that you would not support? If yes then why would you participate or turn a blind eye instead of calling the author out for being the hate monger that they are?

For example the original post in this thread "New Secret weapon to use on cyclists" now up to page four, what if it were titled "New secret weapon to use on Aboriginals" ? Oh.....shit....you can't say that, I'm sure none of you would be supporting that thread, yet cyclists oh they are fair game.

So the thread that shows a video of cyclists being purposefully physically assaulted is acceptable to some people and they even post their support publicly.

But what if the video showed a motorist assaulting Jewish people in the same manner? how many of you would support that?

Thankfully I find that in the real world people are not like they are online, every day I ride and smile and wave to happy motorists who treat me with courtesy and respect and I do the same. Share the roads and be happy :) show cyclists some love on the roads and online :D

Cyclists should be protected by the same hate speech laws that protect others, in a better world these laws would not even be necessary as people would not attack minority groups and wish harm upon them at all.

Huh? you sure you're sober? so just saying Aboriginal and Jewish are racist words now not just the context they are used in? I think you need to rethink your analogy, riding a bike isn't a race issue and should never be compared as such, maybe I've misinterpreted what you said :unsure

What exactly is considered "hate speech" anyway? who decides that? The rubbish I've seen in the last few years just having an argument or disagreeing with somebody gets peoples labeled as racist, bigots, haters. Another classic I've seen is the word "inclusive" which now means inclusive just as long as your not X <<insert what ever there, so now we're inclusive all the while excluding others.

Funny old world.

In the original post he types "cyclists beware" and then shows a group of cyclists being assaulted...........now that IS hate speech and would not be supported in discussion about other minority groups, that is what i am saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? you sure you're sober? so just saying Aboriginal and Jewish are racist words now not just the context they are used in?

No not at all, read my post again, what I said is exactly about the context of what is being said.

1 bike is cool and giving then a meter or more space a good thing.

Riding two abreast is wrong and it can be to 3 abreast as long as the 3rd is over taking the 2 abreast:o

On a motor bike you can not ride two abreast and thay pay rego!

Sorry missed this. Incorrect, motorcycles certainly can share a lane, your profile says QLD, so;

https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Driver-guide/Sharing-the-road-with-other-road-users/Motorcycles.aspx

Note: Two motorcycle riders may ride side-by-side in one marked lane, as long as they are not more than 1.5m apart.

Pretty much the same rule here in NSW though;

https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/regulation/2014/758/part11/div4

151 Riding a motor bike or bicycle alongside more than 1 other rider

(1) The rider of a motor bike or bicycle must not ride on a road that is not a multi-lane road alongside more than 1 other rider, unless subrule (3) applies to the rider.

Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

Note. Bicycle, motor bike and multi-lane road are defined in the Dictionary, and rider is defined in rule 17.

(2) The rider of a motor bike or bicycle must not ride in a marked lane alongside more than 1 other rider in the marked lane, unless subrule (3) applies to the rider.

Note. Marked lane is defined in the Dictionary.

(3) The rider of a motor bike or bicycle may ride alongside more than 1 other rider if the rider is:

(a) overtaking the other riders, or

(b) permitted to do so under another law of this jurisdiction.

Note. Overtake is defined in the Dictionary.

(4) If the rider of a motor bike or bicycle is riding on a road that is not a multi-lane road alongside another rider, or in a marked lane alongside another rider in the marked lane, the rider must ride not over 1.5 metres from the other rider.

(5) In this rule:

road does not include a road related area, but includes a bicycle path, shared path and any shoulder of the road.

Note. Bicycle path is defined in rule 239, road related area is defined in rule 13, shared path is defined in rule 242, and shoulder is defined in rule 12.

I also think that this entire thread is a load of bull crap, but trying to legislate against hate is the wrong way to go. You can't change a persons way of thinking by introducing laws, it just doesn't work. Cyclists are no different to any other road user, some are bastards, but the vast majority are simply out enjoying their ride, just as I'm sure you do :)

Don't worry, I'm sure those posting their frustrations with cyclists also hate old people driving, or learners, or anyone going too slow or getting in their way.

Come on..... It was funny... Lighten up and laugh. Who really cares anyway... This is Australia . Fall on your face... I will laugh, take a pic, then tell you how funny it was. Oh I might pretend to care if there is a little blood. Funny.

I only posted it because it was funny. :lol

Sorry missed this. Incorrect, motorcycles certainly can share a lane, your profile says QLD, so;

https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Driver-guide/Sharing-the-road-with-other-road-users/Motorcycles.aspx

Pretty much the same rule here in NSW though;

https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/regulation/2014/758/part11/div4

Thanks you

when I sat for my motorbike test many a moons ago the only time a

Motorcycles can be in the same lane was when over takeing or when stop at a set of lights.

Thanks for the update!