Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New secret weapon to use on cyclists.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it odd with today's expectations of equality.

One simple example would be that Indigenous Australians are expected to live approximately 10 years less than non-Indigenous Australians.

That’s a big deal. Asking the question say on a health questionnaire helps researchers work out why this is the case.

One simple example would be that Indigenous Australians are expected to live approximately 10 years less than non-Indigenous Australians.

That’s a big deal. Asking the question say on a health questionnaire helps researchers work out why this is the case.

Oh sure, I have no problem when it's relevant to the process involved. Those questions do turn up in the oddest of places though.

I saw it on the online form for reporting a dangerous driver. WTF has the person's race got to do with that?

It’s just used to try and track stats of a disadvantaged group with a mind to identifying inequality/disadvantage.

It’s not racist.

We shouldnt group people by race. just allocate on need. Just because someone is disadvantaged doesnt mean you favour their race. Its crazy in the coconut what the government spends on this. Over 30x what gets spent on non indigenous is spent on indigenous people. Not their fault its the govt. Also on refugees its worse. Big $$$

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

We shouldnt group people by race. just allocate on need. Just because someone is disadvantaged doesnt mean you favour their race. Its crazy in the coconut what the government spends on this. Over 30x what gets spent on non indigenous is spent on indigenous people. Not their fault its the govt. Also on refugees its worse. Big $$$

Not 30x. More like 2x.

I wouldn’t argue a lot of it’s wasted.

Hard to escape treating them as a disadvantaged race when governments in the past had active programs to disadvantage them based on race (eg not allowing them to vote).

Not 30x. More like 2x.

I wouldn’t argue a lot of it’s wasted.

Hard to escape treating them as a disadvantaged race when governments in the past had active programs to disadvantage them based on race (eg not allowing them to vote).

i cant remember the figure exactly i read maybe it was 30billion sorry. This is total money spent though which includes all expenditure. And remember this is for a small percentage of aussies. Its more that they base this on race rather than needbthat is a worry

New secret weapon to use on cyclists.

Yeah per capita it’s about $40,000 and for non indigenous it’s about $20,000. It’s in a Productivity Commission report. Unfortunately just throwing money at a problem doesn’t always help. There are Indigenous in Port Lincoln driving around in government provided SUVs and trashing them as they aren’t valued. Complex issue!

Now how about those pesky cyclists!? lol

And $30b is about the right number but the government spends about $500b of welfare on everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 3 weeks later...