Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

EXA-ARCADIA (New Arcade Platform)

Is anyone thinking of grabbing one of these? They are scheduled to be released in Feb. For those that don't know it's a new arcade platform that runs on Windows based PCs similar to the Type X. It will target both operators and consumers.

There's been a bunch of location tests throughout Japan over the past year and impressions have been good. They've signed a bunch of devs but the biggest exclusive is Aka to Blue which is a shmup by former Cave devs and will no doubt be the system seller for a lot of consumers.

Can check it out here - https://exa.ac/

Shmup thread here - https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61966

From shmup thread:

What we know about the hardware so far:

- An arcade motherboard with a PC architecture.

- Its processing power is similar/slightly above current gen consoles.

- It can have 4 games plugged in at once, which you can chose at startup.

- The games will be supplied in a media similar to a catridge.

- It will be compatible with all major JVS I/O implementations.

- The I/O interface was developed to minimize input lag.

- It will support HD resolutions and 480P (for compatibility with 31Khz CRT cabs).

Ahhh Cosmic Digger is on Steam I will have a look ☺

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Yeah most of the games they've announced so far have already been released. Infinos Gaiden is also on Steam and really awesome if you haven't tried it. The draw is that they will have EXA exclusive modes. Aka to Blue is really the biggest reason to get one atm.

• 3 months later...

One of my friends in Brisbane has one on the list, I just hope they can raise enough hype to get a whole gang of third party developers on board!

Love the idea behind the exa-Arcadia, bring the customers to the arcade for something exclusive before porting it to home consoles like they used to, aside from their flagship title I’m not sure about any of the launch titles that have mostly been released on steam minus their Exa updates and Im not sure anyone would play the indie games in a Japanese arcade let alone a foreign one when there’s so many other choices.

Im a big fan of Aka to blue and after months of playing the iPhone version I got to play the arcade demo in mikado which was amazing and was lucky enough to get a soundtrack and poster, I’m hoping the full release of this title can bring the system to the attention of people who can bring another wave of arcade greats to the public! I would love to see Konami, Taito, SNK, Capcom and others get on the board but the tech doesnآ’t seem as marketable without the NesicaLive logo behind it!

I just hope that future shmup developers smother it with exclusive gems!