Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 5 ~ Ms Pac-man (closes 6-Jan)

Pattern killer …

MGLXXXVIII – Game 5 ~ Ms Pac-man

Nominated by gamer: bigredbird

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: MsPacMan

Fw7nCxY.png

Game Story:

Ms. Pac-Man must eat all the dots in a maze in order to advance to the next stage. She's chased by killer ghosts but she can eat them while powered up after eating one of four large dots. Bonus points are awarded for eating the fruits and snacks that appear and wander the maze.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 6 January 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. No cheats allowed. *** Please note this is NOT THE SPEEDUP HACK version of Ms Pac-man. It is normal speed. ***.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 5 … Fruit is good for you …

r1ReMwD.png

:)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pac games have almost never been one of my strong points. That probably won't be changing in the next few weeks.

I'm almost willing to bet someone on the TG thread will killscreen this. If the Puck Off we had a few years ago is anything to go by maybe OOO might do it himself ;)

mspacman.png.5ed486b7821c05c67136c97339e9a0e2.png

Man, great nomination @bigredbird! Actually, I think I may have nominated it too, haha. I really got into this at Bartronica a month or so back and really want to improve on it. Nigel and I often have fun two player duels on friday nights. I'll have to check and see if the settings are the same, as that machine plays very well.

Great score already from Creech, that already passes my PB. :) (only 53 k)

I've been playing it on C64 too recently oddly enough; it's not a bad conversion if a little bit slower. I've only made it to the chase levels a couple of times but the between-level tunes do sound sweet coming from the sid chip. Well, I'd better hurry up and post a benchmark score! Best of pellet eating and grouping strats to everyone. :)

Great news! One of my noms came up.

Not so great news! I probably won't get to play it.

I have been laid up in hospital the past few days after having surgery on my neck and spine due to a car accident. I will be in here for another couple of days and then home but unable to do almost anything for a while.

I can assure you all that I have been munching down my share of pellets and power pills while in here.

Good luck to all on this fun game, if I'm up to it I'll try and post a score in the last few days.

Man, great nomination @bigredbird! Actually, I think I may have nominated it too, haha. I really got into this at Bartronica a month or so back and really want to improve on it. Nigel and I often have fun two player duels on friday nights. I'll have to check and see if the settings are the same, as that machine plays very well.

Great score already from Creech, that already passes my PB. :) (only 53 k)

I've been playing it on C64 too recently oddly enough; it's not a bad conversion if a little bit slower. I've only made it to the chase levels a couple of times but the between-level tunes do sound sweet coming from the sid chip. Well, I'd better hurry up and post a benchmark score! Best of pellet eating and grouping strats to everyone. :)

IMO the best game in the Pac-man series. If you work out a pattern let everyone know, then we’ll start laughing.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140138[/ATTACH]

63,230. I think that's the best I've ever done on regular Ms. Pac-Man.

That’s a very good score so early in the MGL, great that you hit a new PB straight away! Plenty of time to improve even more ... :026:

- - - Updated - - -

Great news! One of my noms came up.

Not so great news! I probably won't get to play it.

I have been laid up in hospital the past few days after having surgery on my neck and spine due to a car accident. I will be in here for another couple of days and then home but unable to do almost anything for a while.

I can assure you all that I have been munching down my share of pellets and power pills while in here.

Good luck to all on this fun game, if I'm up to it I'll try and post a score in the last few days.

I hope everything goes well for you and the family. A speedy and full recovery too! We’ll all be in the arcade gaming and waiting for you to step in and join the fun.

445880760_5.SMK_mspacman_94530_wolf106.png.68d56e6cd946ea5085e244ca06064be3.png

Not bad I guess for starters. I would have easily broken 100k, but my fingers slipped off the keyboard. :mad:

Died on the 8th stage.

- - - Updated - - -

It really sucks to be in your shoes right now brb. I'll say a little prayer for ya buddy because I'm sure no one wants to be laid up in the hospital in pain. If you can, try to slip in at least something so that you don't get a "0". Would like to see ya still in the game, regardless of what score you submit. Hope you feel better. :111:

New controller - new score. Nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140242[/ATTACH]

What controller did you get and how much did you pay for it?

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard of this one. Looks like a cool concept!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

You’ve never heard of Ms Pac-man? :redface Surely there was a C64 version as well ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140257[/ATTACH]

1st attempt, but I don't usually get much more than this anyway...not too good once the ghosts have almost no blue time.

Wow, you get 140K on the first attempt, which takes excellent and knowledgeable game play. You are very close to mastering the game, what are the missing pieces in your game when the ghosts only change direction after eating the power pellet?

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140256[/ATTACH]

You almost completed that board! Only 19 pellets to go ... :donuts: