Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ford Everest SUV-comments?

• Administrators

I might be looking for a new work-friendly car in the next month. I am a surveyor, so 4WD for site and paddock access are a must, as well as the ability to carry a pinball machine on weekends. Much of the vehicle use will be work related though as my new roll has me on-site for inspections and QA a lot (hence the 4WD requirement).

The more I look the more I like the new Ford Everest. There are a lot of 1 year old units with 15-20,000km on the odo selling in Ford dealerships as they gave them out to Executives as company cars.

Fuel economy looks OK base on reviews. They are not cheap but they look sturdy and I like the 3.8L 5 cylinder Diesel with 6 speed auto transmission and 5 seat layout. There is a 2L 10 speed option but I am not too fussed about the bit extra I get from this. Probably looking at the "TREND" (middle of the range) as it has some nice add-ons to boot.

I had a brief look at Mazda CX-5 and was not overly fussed on it but I would listen to an argument if you love yours and want to convince me. The Toyota Fortuner rear seats are a bloody mess and it did not seem to have nearly the same features as the Ford for almost the same price. Also, it does not seem to come with a 5 seat option.

Anyone care to comment (positive or negative) on these suckers and any vehicles that are their competitors right now?

Thanks for the help.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that I would be OK with a 1 year old vehicle if the right one turned up. I would prefer 1 year old and less than 20,000km on it, and they seem to turn up with this much use a bit.

We have a 2017? CX5 Akera just fits a pinball if needed but I have a ute as well.

But the latest model doesn't as they have modified back a tiny bit I believe..Vett will know more.

I love it for driving around and all of the features and comfort but I wouldn't be recommending it for 4wd survey work. Ford looks a better option.

My current wheels is an 06 Adventra which has served me well for over 10 years but it's now time to go.

I've narrowed my preference down to a Mitsubishi Pajero GLS or an Izuzu M-UX. The Mu-x is a chunky slow revving almost bullet proof diesel but I like the creature comforts of the Pajero.

Reason for the change besides age is I'll need a larger towing capacity soon.

I I've had two Rangers that have the same drivetrain

5 cylinder turbo diesel.

Not the most powerful unit, compared to the v6 turbo utes, but it drives great.

The Everest has more luxuries with disc brake rear, some more off road goodies and they use ad-blue.

Apart from the price they are great.

If you get one, add a windbooster for better throttle response, they work amazingly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Administrators
I I've had two Rangers that have the same drivetrain

5 cylinder turbo diesel.

Not the most powerful unit, compared to the v6 turbo utes, but it drives great.

The Everest has more luxuries with disc brake rear, some more off road goodies and they use ad-blue.

Apart from the price they are great.

If you get one, add a windbooster for better throttle response, they work amazingly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I hear you mate. The price is up there but I like the resale on these suckers too, so it is a bit of swings and merry-go-rounds for me.

We have an old model Ranger at work that has been going forever and everything I see of the Everest with the Ranger Running gear is appealing.

All the reviews tend to say the same, it is not cheap but it is a great build.

Well I'm glad you guys are having this discussion and offering first hand experiences so us others can read and hear unbiased opinions.

It is this exact segment of the car market I will be buying for myself in time to come and such feedback is golden. Thank you guys.

Another thumbs up for the Ranger - Ute cousin of the Everest. Had the 3.2 5 cylinder Ranger for 6 years and still love it. I'd buy another one without hesitation.

• Administrators

I had a few more people offer feedback on the Everest / Ranger.

My Brother-in-law had the 2.8L ranger and had all sorts of trouble with the donk, but everyone who has the 3.2L reckons it is the ducks guts.

I looked at a few other suggested vehicles, but to date I am still leaning towards the Everest.

@WOKA I will look into the Amorock. I was in the VW yard on the weekend and I do like them and have heard all positive reports.

To be honest the main reason I am looking at SUV is the ability to do all of my necessary work related stuff (maybe 50-70% of the driving) and still have the ability to cart a pinball under cover if I need to :redface

I had a few more people offer feedback on the Everest / Ranger.

My Brother-in-law had the 2.8L ranger and had all sorts of trouble with the donk, but everyone who has the 3.2L reckons it is the ducks guts.

I looked at a few other suggested vehicles, but to date I am still leaning towards the Everest.

@WOKA I will look into the Amorock. I was in the VW yard on the weekend and I do like them and have heard all positive reports.

To be honest the main reason I am looking at SUV is the ability to do all of my necessary work related stuff (maybe 50-70% of the driving) and still have the ability to cart a pinball under cover if I need to :redface

That's why I suggested my options of Pajero and izuzu.

I think VW will still suffer resale value for awhile in general because of "Dieselgate".

Ranger I've heard some problems with engines but like you say it may be the older 2.8L.

Doesn't seem to be much love in this thread for the supposed "top of the heap" 4WD Toyotas like Prado and Hi-lux which I find unusual?

• 1 month later...