Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How to stop slingshot rubber breaking

How often does rubber last on a machine? The slingshots on my RFM seem to break more often than I’d expect (twice in 2018 so far). And always at the slingshot arm..

The machine isn’t used daily, so it isn’t overuse..

Any tips on extending the life of rubber?

IMG_0859.thumb.JPG.b04eb68a83643dcc434e7faddf59c72f.JPG

Thanks

How often does rubber last on a machine? The slingshots on my RFM seem to break more often than I’d expect (twice in 2018 so far). And always at the slingshot arm..

The machine isn’t used daily, so it isn’t overuse..

Any tips on extending the life of rubber?

[ATTACH]140045[/ATTACH]

Thanks

I cant even remember the last time I changed the Rubbers on my games, the ones I have installed just seem to keep on going and going and going. Maybe Im lucky? as they have had allot of use.

hopefully when the time comes to replace them the Replacements are just as good, I cant remember exactly which store I got them from its been so long

a fellow AAer recently bought numerous rubbers from, will leave seller unmentioned, and if you stretch the rubber you can see the thickness vary/shrink, it should be consistent.

this would cause weak spots where the rubber is thinner.

To lengthen life of the slingshot rubber slide it around half an inch each time you clean the playfield, so u get consistent wear.

Also, black rubbers last much longer than white, but they have a dead bounce. A game that needs a lot of nudging like an EM or SS shld be white.

Sounds like I need to rotate my rubber more often then ;)

I’ve just been buying standard white (perhaps I need to try black?) rubber from standard Aussie retailers & using 2-3/4” rubber for my slingshots as suggested in the manuals.

I had assumed you’d all have some fancy way of maintaining your rubber, but perhaps I’ve just lucked out.. I guess I’ll find out over the next 6-12 months

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

During Pincade when I had 80 odd people here, I had a disaster occur on WoZ. A rubber just below the lane guides broke like your pictured one and it was catching the ball (it wouldn't roll out from under the mini-playfield).

If I removed the rubber, the ball would still get trapped under plastics. To replace it, the mini playfield had to be removed or some plastics and star posts but that wasn't going to happen with a gamesroom full of people.

Anyway, Homepin suggested gluing it with superglue and it worked. Not only for that evening but for two months afterwards as well (until I replaced the rubber with a new one).

Edited by rocky2

You could try some Tital rubber rings, they may last longer...

I found Silicone Titan rings just tear Way too easily. I like the idea of not having the rubber particle residue! , but in some cases the Titan rings lasted less time than rubber!. My solution is now I only use Eurethane Super Bands, they are extremely durable unlike the "easy-tear" silicone material used for Titans, I got very poor value for money from them.

Eurethane rings still leave no particle residue, and extremely durable... they are a little more expensive, but you usually get what you pay for. I rather pay a bit more, and eliminate the time and $ expense of replacing rubbers all the time...

Lol yep sorts the men out from the boys ;) ... everyone gets it the same way; bouncier, more challenging, harder..... Play Better!! :P

I've thrown way too many prematurely split/torn titans in the bin to ever buy one again. I haven't had a single super band fail so far, the oldest one is about 3 years and a few thousand games young. With a wipe still looks just like the day it was installed. I like not having to repeatedly strip machines down to replace hard to get to rubbers, that just break again within months in some cases :)

Now looks like RTBB are an Oz supplier of Super Bands. @thesav

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree. Takes the playfield layoutsaway from normal

I see, but whom decided what "normal" is? :lol

I think we will agree to disagree here. I find neglegible difference in the way the games play, yep a little more life (bounce?). No different to setting a playfield angle that is not "normal" though. The layout remains exactly the Same. Some don't mind a little more challenge anyhow. ;)

It is less about the way they play for me anyway, more about economy. I refuse to waste any more hard earned on what I have found to be an inferior product. Simple. :)