Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tales from the crypt power board 9 pin plug

toastie

Question

It’s probably been discussed before but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. The nine pin connector going to J5 plug on my tales from the crypt power board has had a large amount of heat and I need to replace the female connector as it is causing issues. I can’t seem to find a part no. And want to buy the right one as I’ve already purchased the wrong one.

Any help on where to buy one would be great.

DABF7243-F643-4CFE-8742-63957D93849C.thumb.jpg.fcc6e7f431f92bd81ba773215e2c13f9.jpg

3 answers to this question

The plug is a .156 molex connector. If you have the crimping tool it's better to use the trifuricon style where you crimp the plug onto the end of the wire and push the crimped end into the housing making sure you insert into correct position. If you are unsure about the crimping style just get the .156 IDC style where you just push the wire into the correct position using a punch down tool into the housing. Check out PPSA or RTBB locally or Great Plains Electronics they not local though.

I'd probably replace the header on the board too and use Trifurcon pins in the connector rather than IDC - though that might not be an option in the pitch you've got.

Rs online or element14 should carry what you're after too (though you might have to order more than you need from rs or pay more than you want from element14).

Edited by ajfclark