Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

- - - Updated - - -

Read the above guide carefully.

You want to get rid of your conical springs, and update to modern extension springs.

You also want the EOS Switch with the "helper leaf spring" on it.

Great to see you on here, vid, i’ve always enjoyed yr how to threads on pinside, and point new pinheads towards them.

No! That's exactly what we DON'T want.

We don't want those conical springs that always break and tear up the plunger/pawl.

Williams got rid of those springs for that reason.

We want to update the mech to the Williams EXTENSION springs, we want the 12111 Coil Stop (so we have the correct flipper travel), and we want the 03-7811 EOS

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

No! That's exactly what we DON'T want.

We don't want those conical springs that always break and tear up the plunger/pawl.

Williams got rid of those springs for that reason.

We want to update the mech to the Williams EXTENSION springs, we want the 12111 Coil Stop (so we have the correct flipper travel), and we want the 03-7811 EOS

I remember reading the Williams press release explaining exactly that about why they went from conical springs to extension springs. The conicals were a bad idea usually resulting in deformed springs if not broken springs in a short time.

I took this idea of extension springs further and use them on all Bally SS flipper mechs on original SS mechs and ones I convert from Bally's other horrible idea, the linear flipper mech.

• 4 weeks later...
Im doing a flipper rebuild on a Snow Queen, and of course managed to break the roll pins when removing them from the flipper pawl. Anyone know where in Australia to get more and exactly what size? As far as I can measure they are 1.3 x 4mm diameter (1 x 1/5 inch). thanks.

Im doing a flipper rebuild on a Snow Queen, and of course managed to break the roll pins when removing them from the flipper pawl. Anyone know where in Australia to get more and exactly what size? As far as I can measure they are 1.3 x 4mm diameter (1 x 1/5 inch). thanks.

I think you need to get Imperial sizing, I bought a heap from Marco