Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Revenge From Mars v2.10 Software Update

thesav

OK I've officially acknowledged I am blind. Can't make head or tail once opened my plug, my eye sght is shot

Here's some photos of both ends how it can help. Looks like my memory is shot too as more wire connections than I remember

And doing all this via a phone didn't help lol

OK I've officially acknowledged I am blind. Can't make head or tail once opened my plug, my eye sght is shot

Here's some photos of both ends how it can help. Looks like my memory is shot too as more wire connections than I remember

And doing all this via a phone didn't help lol

Hi Rob - im f..d if I can work out the pin outs from these photo's :-)

Hi Rob - im f..d if I can work out the pin outs from these photo's :-)

I figured as much. You going to gruntas? I've gotta do an update for cursed and so will have my cable. Your can grab it and take it home and see how you go. Or just bring your game with you and I'll update it lol just joking.

Worst case i can post it to you

I figured as much. You going to gruntas? I've gotta do an update for cursed and so will have my cable. Your can grab it and take it home and see how you go

You are the f..ing man - Cursed and Moyra are coming via my place on the way to Grunta's so if you can / want you can tag along with them or I can grab the cable at Grunta's

You are the f..ing man - Cursed and Moyra are coming via my place on the way to Grunta's so if you can / want you can tag along with them or I can grab the cable at Grunta's

Little confused in logistics here. Not sure where you are in relation to grunta but will work something out and get back to you mate

• 2 weeks later...

OK - after a lot of mucking around I have finally managed to update to 2.10 (Yay)

Found that my d9 serial port on the RFM computer is stuffed. Bought a d25 to d9 convertor from Jaycar and used the second serial port on the computer to connect.

Here are some photo's of the update and dongle.

Thanks to @Cursed and @pinball god for the help.

20190520_175619.thumb.jpg.2f4cbd86d0f928d59e3df49c8a5ded3c.jpg

20190520_175607.thumb.jpg.f504a74ac0a150f03045ddb2307de763.jpg

OK - after a lot of mucking around I have finally managed to update to 2.10 (Yay)

Found that my d9 serial port on the RFM computer is stuffed. Bought a d25 to d9 convertor from Jaycar and used the second serial port on the computer to connect.

Here are some photo's of the update and dongle.

Thanks to @Cursed and @pinball god for the help.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148236

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148237

Excellent news, enjoy the new code, next move may be getting the guys shaker cable and putting a shaker on it

The bugger is i think I have several of these adapters. Never thought to bring one but then never thought a com port would be down

- - - Updated - - -

Oh BTW did you have to enable com2 in your settings or not

Excellent news, enjoy the new code, next move may be getting the guys shaker cable and putting a shaker on it

The bugger is i think I have several of these adapters. Never thought to bring one but then never thought a com port would be down

- - - Updated - - -

Oh BTW did you have to enable com2 in your settings or not

No - just plugged it in and it worked. Maybe the ribbon cables have been swapped in the PC?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Guys

I did the update with Windows XP on an older computer with com1 avaliable, run it with original pinball 2000 update tool, was perfect ! Update from 1.6 to 2.20 in

about 10min.

Only thing i noticed is that 1.6 version had more slownly lights sequence on attract mode, with 2.20 the blinking are very acelleretade, specialy on the multiball tunnel, and on the stroble of lucky hole, you can see clearly on those lights that on 1.6 they kind go from down to up on a more slow sequence, on 2.20 they blinking almost simultany.

Do you guys knows if there´s something on menu that can slowdown this or make it runs like original 1.6 speed.

Did 2 videos, showing regular 1.6 ligths speed vs 2.20 lights after update, if you just slide with mouse on both videos, you can see the diference on the light speed https://photos.app.goo.gl/sbkkPWNs8Z9Zyu5T6

Will be great if we have the original 1.6 light speed with new clock and wave lights on same firmware

Thanks a lot

Marcos

DwightB I went the following;

Stern Shaker motor kit Part Number:

502-5027-00 SAM system Rev B. Zax Amusements has them. Pricey though but works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Hello Guys

I did the update with Windows XP on an older computer with com1 avaliable, run it with original pinball 2000 update tool, was perfect ! Update from 1.6 to 2.20 in

about 10min.

Only thing i noticed is that 1.6 version had more slownly lights sequence on attract mode, with 2.20 the blinking are very acelleretade, specialy on the multiball tunnel, and on the stroble of lucky hole, you can see clearly on those lights that on 1.6 they kind go from down to up on a more slow sequence, on 2.20 they blinking almost simultany.

Do you guys knows if there´s something on menu that can slowdown this or make it runs like original 1.6 speed.

Did 2 videos, showing regular 1.6 ligths speed vs 2.20 lights after update, if you just slide with mouse on both videos, you can see the diference on the light speed https://photos.app.goo.gl/sbkkPWNs8Z9Zyu5T6

Will be great if we have the original 1.6 light speed with new clock and wave lights on same firmware

Thanks a lot

Marcos

Hey Marcos, you could try asking MyPinballs on Pinside (the user is applejuice), or message him on Facebook to see if there’s a setting or fix.

Hello Thesav

Thanks for your reply !

Already did this, but still no awnser, will be nice to have the original 1.6 speed light transition into the new 2.20, because in my opinion is kind to fast the blinking on the regular 2.20, will be nice to have an opition, on menu to leave light speed "default" or "acellerated"

Hope Jim saw this.

Thanks

Marcos