Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

TMNT Steel Panel with overlay

Sold

Hey guys

Up for sale is this TMNT LAI 26" 4 player control panel

This came out of my TMNT restore, feel free to check out my Games Room thread for details.

The cabinet I restored was changed to another game at some point and someone drilled extra button holes in the control panel.

At the time I stripped everything back (old overlay) and used a wire brush to clear out the surface rust.

My father in law welded in 30mm circles of steel to block off those extra button holes. He then used some filler on top of the weld-ins. On the top side he put a LOT of attention into and rubbed it back flat, primed it etc. before the new overlay went on, so that it would be smooth and even. He knew it had to be spot on for the overlay.

I told him not to bother with sanding the bottom flat or making it pretty as I knew it wouldnt be seen when installed and didnt want to waste his time. From memory he just gave it a very light & quick sand and quick coat of primer to stop any rust. I ended up giving it a light coat of Rustoleum on top for extra protection afterward on the bottom side. If youre obsessive, can easily re-sand the bottom flat and put another coat of paint, but I don't see the point as its never going to be seen so I didnt put effort into making it perfect.

Back to the top side. The overlay put on was purchased from Noodleshirt

Im selling the panel as I sourced another panel with original LAI TMNT overlay still intact. Cost me 300 bones and it did have a few scratches, imperfections, small rip and so on. Considering the condition, probably paid a little more than I should have, but I decided on keeping the original one in the end as Im a sucker for originality, so as such am selling this one.

A couple of things to note about the panel for sale:

1. Best to use nylon washers on the bolts and tighten everything you can from the bottom side. Dont go too tight, just enough. The material on these overlays is a bit soft and can give a 'halo' effect otherwise. I noticed the same thing on other recent TMNT resto threads in pictures as well, so I don't think this is avoidable.

2. The steel is not 100% true/flat the whole way - the left side does have a small bottom area which goes a bit higher and then back down again. Interestingly the other LAI panel I have put on has a high spot on the right side - but hey, theyre 30 year old panels, so dont expect it to be like brand new steel panel.

If you are a perfectionist, I think the best way to eliminate both of the points I've above, would be to get a perspex overlay on top, to keep it flat the whole way across and so that you are bolting to the perspex and not directly on the overlay itself. I didn't bother going that far and I'm pretty OCD. It looks freaking sweet just bolted on as is.

I'm probably underselling it with my description, but I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible so you know what you're buying. Overall its beautiful to even just look at and I don't think anyone would be disappointed using this in a restore. It looked amazing on my cabinet!

Ive put up some pics of the panel removed, top and bottom, and a pic of it on the machine before removed.

$220. Postage extra - quote pending your location

*** PRICE DROP $200 Firm to AA Members.

PM if interested. Advertising here first. If no interest by weekend ill give ebay a run. Cheers all

20181213_145124.thumb.jpg.457249cf33cbf148ecc6c435b567c09b.jpg

cpobottom.thumb.JPG.8cc1a6c7feebaf976f83f0f3dfa02ed1.JPG

attachment.php?attachmentid=135158&d=1536138462

Edited by mrjamma

GLTWS - saw your post on Ebay (as I'm keeping an eye out for a TMNT cab) and looks exceptional!

Thanks dude. Yeah I added extra cost for ebay fees in the listing. 10 watchers, not sure if any will sniper lol.

I was going to keep it as a spare for the cab, or potentially even keep it in case i come across another project cab. Never know, may keep it if it doesnt sell.

Thanks dude. Yeah I added extra cost for ebay fees in the listing. 10 watchers, not sure if any will sniper lol.

I was going to keep it as a spare for the cab, or potentially even keep it in case i come across another project cab. Never know, may keep it if it doesnt sell.

Mate if i had a use for it id have grabbed it allready, but i dont have that cab! Its great, and personally i reckon you should keep it if you have a safe place to store it