Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 4 ~ Jungler (closes 12-May)

Random turns? …

MGLXXXIX – Game 4 ~ Jungler

Nominated by gamer: kane

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: jungler

Ts9Hkbq.png

Game Story:

The player controls a snake-like ship moving around a number of mazes chasing three similar computer controlled ships. Being hit by bullets reduces the length of the ships. Ships are destroyed either when their length is reduced to zero or when they collide with a longer ship.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 12 May 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 4 … A very challenging game …

Never played before in the 13 year history of the MGL.

Ai9Jb3C.jpg

Iyx2q4Q.png

:)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've nominated this quite a few times but not this time around.

Some useless trivia. Back in the early 80's (83 from memory) a fruit shop up the road from where I lived at the time in Warwick Farm had a bootleg version of this called Jackler. I wasn't great at it but a 5 year old kid who lived in the shop next door named Johnny Oliveri had the game down pat and I watched him score over 400K on that version.

Too many beers on board right now but I'll fire this up soon.

Never heard of this one!

I am loving the early 80s picks out of the gate here. Hard to believe but the graphics on ALL of these were way better than anything you could play at home.

I love reading the ads for these games - it reminds me that the real purpose of these games is to make money for the Operators!

Hopefully I can download this rom from China. Still can’t seem to get a working Elevator Action rom. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Some useless trivia. Back in the early 80's (83 from memory) a fruit shop up the road from where I lived at the time in Warwick Farm had a bootleg version of this called Jackler. I wasn't great at it but a 5 year old kid who lived in the shop next door named Johnny Oliveri had the game down pat and I watched him score over 400K on that version.

Are you telling me a 5 year old kid could play better on this game than you could? Gee. Did you watch this kid play, and what was his strategy?

I remember this game being wheeled into Orbit 5 on George St in the mid 80s. This game really takes some thinking on what to do and how to do it. A very strange game it was and most gamers first time that I saw playing this game lasted only for a couple of minutes, if that max!

- - - Updated - - -

Day 2 of 17 ...

lnMc18J.png

Beware the 5 year old.

:)

Are you telling me a 5 year old kid could play better on this game than you could? Gee. Did you watch this kid play, and what was his strategy?

That kid could play this game better that any of us there at the time. We all watched him play. At the time Jackler (the Jungler clone) was 20c a game and the other game they had (Mr Do) was 40c a game. It was a case of wait and watch, play Mr Do and only get half as many games unless you got a diamond or go to Timezone which was about a 15-20 minute walk. As for strategies it was 1983 and I was 11-12. The thought of strategies didn't even cross my mind. No idea what settings the game was on either. I knew nothing about these things at the time. I just played games and whatever happened happened

That kid could play this game better that any of us there at the time. We all watched him play. At the time Jackler (the Jungler clone) was 20c a game and the other game they had (Mr Do) was 40c a game. It was a case of wait and watch, play Mr Do and only get half as many games unless you got a diamond or go to Timezone which was about a 15-20 minute walk. As for strategies it was 1983 and I was 11-12. The thought of strategies didn't even cross my mind. No idea what settings the game was on either. I knew nothing about these things at the time. I just played games and whatever happened happened

Mr Do was 40c a game? Now that's pushing it. Dragon's Lair was 2 coins, but I never saw a Mr Do at 2 coins. Well I have now!

Mr Do was 40c a game? Now that's pushing it. Dragon's Lair was 2 coins, but I never saw a Mr Do at 2 coins. Well I have now!

This was a fruit shop on the Hume Highway at Warwick Farm. When they first got games it was Donkey Kong for 20c and Galaga for 40c. DK was changed to Jackler due to it causing fights between people waiting. Galaga changed to Mr Do then a 40c Moon Patrol was the last 40c game there from memory.

The other 2 games I can remember them having were Hyper Olympic and Pole Position. By then the pizza shop next door had Qix and the BP service station at the other end of the row of shops had DK Jr and Ladybug. Galaxian went through there as well