Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Space Invaders Bartop Build

Thanks to @wwf I now have a great base for my Bartop Unit. I'm going to be cramming a lot into this little cabinet, but the Raspberry Pi and slim screen means I think I can get away with it including subwoofer (I hope). Still in the planning stages but here are the thoughts so far. I know I went over the top with the screen but 3 year warranty and I wanted to get as much screen in there as possible. I plan to vinyl wrap the non art work sections and black 18mm t-moulding. Screen will be mounted using the VESA 100 fitting and steel sections (3mm thick running across the back and bolted to the VESA mount) and brackets on the side of the cabinet.

Cabinet - @wwf 500mm wide cabinet - BOUGHT - $140

Screen - Lenovo 22.5 inch t23d-10 16:10 1920x1200 screen (just fits) - BOUGHT - $200

Sound - Logitech Z213 2.1 with satellites and sub - BOUGHT. Thanks @stuzza for the idea - $24

Power - Allocacoc 4 plug + 2 USB - BOUGHT $19

Raspberry Pi 3b+ + Case +Power - $76

SD Card - Samsung EVO 128gb - $30

USB LED Light - ebay - $10

Joystick - ?

Buttons - ?

Artwork - @MamePatrol once I have an idea on how Space Invaders graphic for the bartop

Any hints or tips on the best setup for joysticks and buttons would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

relliksalta

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got to building my Bartop. A few small jobs to go i.e. joystick extenders, LED lighting for Marquee, speaker covers and the sideart to be applied. But it's all working great. Big thanks to @MamePatrol, @stuzza, @ashmck73 @wwf.

All up cost would be pushing $700 but mostly because I decided to go for a brand new high end 16:10 Lenovo monitor that is millimetre perfect for @wwf cabinet.

Same goes for the Logitech 2.1 audio. The speakers and subwoofer fit in the cabinet perfectly. Lot's of planning went in to making sure it worked :). Really like those small power blocks as well. 4 plugs and 2 USB ports in the super small footprint meant I had heaps of room. I went with the mdf mount using the monitor VESA mount points so I could install the powerblock and RPI on that to keep them off the base.

I decided to not worry about hinges on the back or control panel.. screws with screw caps are tidy enough and less hassle.

Photos in the link below...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1akLACRatqoP_8EUjEJ7OMpGsNGZ9Z4x_?usp=sharing

Powercube is here - https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/allocacoc-powercube-4-power-outlet-and-2-usb-ports-1-5m-grey-au5400pcgr but price matched and got it for $19. I'll be using the usb ports on this to power LED lighting etc.

2.1 Speakers are the Z213 - https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/logitech-multimedia-speakers-black-z213-inlogz213. No cutting needed and has the external on/off, volume control and headphone jack. Perfect and only $24

BTW im running 128gb USB with Retrorama Rampage v2 for my RPI image.

Cab is wrapped in matt black vinyl wrap inside and out after spraying with Rustoleum matt back paint/prime. Artwork from @MamePatrol on sides, control and marquee.

Joysticks are Sanwa JLF

Screen is Lenovo T23D-10