Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Who else is pumped for Days Gone ps4 on Friday?

Hi everyone, just thought I would put it out there and see if anyone else is excited as I am. Been following this game for just over a year now and it finally comes out Friday.

I dunno man, I would prepare for possible disappointment. It just looks like every open world/survival/zombie game all rolled into one. I reckon it's going to do a lot of shit and none of it well. I will be interested to see reviews when they drop tomorrow or Friday.

EDIT: Also, review embargoes. Review embargoes often spell disaster.

Maybe, sure hope not, the last game I was this keen on was the last of us and it's my favorite game of all time now dont think days gone will able to do that for me but homping a decent game until last of us part 2 cones out

They are going to be very different games. Days Gone looks non-linear and open world, TLOU2 will be more linear and story driven. I would wait for reviews before dropping money on Days Gone. I've been hearing a lot of murmurs that it's not going to be as good as it should be. TLOU2 is Naughty Dog, so you 100% know it's going to be phenomenal. Naughty Dog has never put a foot wrong when it comes to their games.

They sure will be different, but I'm hoping for a decent story line, the guys worked with naughty dog on uncharted which helped them with their own story driven game, so staying positive for a good game. Really would suck if it was all hyped and goes nowhere.

I'm looking forward to it . Probably not going to buy it straight away but will get it eventually .

I've also heard mixed reviews about it but I guess we'll find out soon enough .

The thing that set Last of Us above the bar was the kick-arse storyline to go along with the spectacular visuals .

Hoping they do the same here .

@namastepat you reckon? I’ll admit not been following it too closely but I heard good previews.... yeah I know previews aren’t the best to base assumptions on but a podcast of Kotaku and the guy on there had good things to say and he’s normally pretty good at not buying into hyperbole too much. I agree with you though it does just look like any other AAA title everything rolled into one.

It won’t be any Naughty Dog level of goodness but I hope it will be a worth while title.

@-Slayer- let us know I’ll probably pick it up on special unless people are fawning over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

So have managed to get in a couple of hours and I like it, the game keeps you very paranoid, you really never feel safe. Similar to some of the other newer games with the extra sense like tomb raider and the last of us to help find clues etc. The bike works really well in rhis world and requires you to maintain and keep fueled up. I'm still yet to come across some of the hurds and wolves but I'm still in the early hours of the game. Would recommend having a play as it may not be the next best thing, but it is amazing and getting some good reviews from the community.

Glad your enjoying it @-Slayer- I’ve watched and read a few reviews not think I’ll wait till later and it’s in deal. Hopefully by then they have patched some of the bugs too.

They have already got 3 patches out lol, was a decent one before I started too. Only 33gig :)

DAMNNNN! That’s big. I haven’t started a couple of PS4 games due to no space at the moment lols

Haha yeah I always have to delete games, except the PT demo that will always live on my console :)

@-Slayer- how’s the game going? I’m still playing Spider-Man... slowly lol

Haven't had a chance to get back into it, probably next week as I'm on night shift this week so get no time to play unfortunately.

Haha yeah I always have to delete games, except the PT demo that will always live on my console :)

space was an issue for me too, upgraded the internal storage from the 1TB to a 2TB drive. Let it chug away overnight to restore the data off the old drive. Now am free and clear... well at least for a while anyway.

space was an issue for me too, upgraded the internal storage from the 1TB to a 2TB drive. Let it chug away overnight to restore the data off the old drive. Now am free and clear... well at least for a while anyway.

Nice, I still have the original 500gb unit so fills up quick.

I Platinumed Days Gone the other day and absolutely LOVED IT! I'd been following it for quite some time and was invited to the preview session with PlayStation AU back in Feb so was able to play 3 hours of it and chat with the lead animator. Don't believe what these "professional" reviewers say and give it a go yourself. Most of them never complete the entire story and rip through games like it's a chore/job. I play ALOT of games and Days Gone was an absolute pleasure to play. Fantastic open world design with excellent gameplay mechanics and menu design. Great character growth with the use of skills, weapons and upgrades and quite a fun game to platinum, not overly difficult either once you get stronger to take on those hordes.

My partner has just put her review up if you'd like to see a positive take on it :)

Wow that's impressive, how do you have to to platinum a game lol, I'm still few hours in, was planning on a full day tomorrow but my daughter decided to get sick so no days gone lol.

Once you complete all the trophies you'll get the platinum. You can see your progress from the trophy menu within the game :) The main story is about 50-55 hours and the Platinum took me about another 5, so 60 hours all up

Once you complete all the trophies you'll get the platinum. You can see your progress from the trophy menu within the game :) The main story is about 50-55 hours and the Platinum took me about another 5, so 60 hours all up

Nice one, good sized game, I tried the trophy thing once on the last of us but to get them all I had to do all this online stuff, I couldnt be bothered with it, i game alone lol

Played this today. Good fun but there is something missing gameplay wise. i think the controls are not as fluid as TLOU. The story is engaging and keeps you playing through. So far im at good not great but need to finish the game before final comment.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk