Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else is pumped for Days Gone ps4 on Friday?

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)

Who else is pumped for Days Gone ps4 on Friday?

Hi everyone, just thought I would put it out there and see if anyone else is excited as I am. Been following this game for just over a year now and it finally comes out Friday.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Slayer- View Post
    Hi everyone, just thought I would put it out there and see if anyone else is excited as I am. Been following this game for just over a year now and it finally comes out Friday.
    I dunno man, I would prepare for possible disappointment. It just looks like every open world/survival/zombie game all rolled into one. I reckon it's going to do a lot of shit and none of it well. I will be interested to see reviews when they drop tomorrow or Friday.

EDIT: Also, review embargoes. Review embargoes often spell disaster.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)

Maybe, sure hope not, the last game I was this keen on was the last of us and it's my favorite game of all time now �� dont think days gone will able to do that for me but homping a decent game until last of us part 2 cones out

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1448 Post(s)
    They are going to be very different games. Days Gone looks non-linear and open world, TLOU2 will be more linear and story driven. I would wait for reviews before dropping money on Days Gone. I've been hearing a lot of murmurs that it's not going to be as good as it should be. TLOU2 is Naughty Dog, so you 100% know it's going to be phenomenal. Naughty Dog has never put a foot wrong when it comes to their games.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)

They sure will be different, but I'm hoping for a decent story line, the guys worked with naughty dog on uncharted which helped them with their own story driven game, so staying positive for a good game. Really would suck if it was all hyped and goes nowhere.

State
    Cessnock
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to it . Probably not going to buy it straight away but will get it eventually .
    I've also heard mixed reviews about it but I guess we'll find out soon enough .
    The thing that set Last of Us above the bar was the kick-arse storyline to go along with the spectacular visuals .
    Hoping they do the same here .

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    @namastepat you reckon? Iíll admit not been following it too closely but I heard good previews.... yeah I know previews arenít the best to base assumptions on but a podcast of Kotaku and the guy on there had good things to say and heís normally pretty good at not buying into hyperbole too much. I agree with you though it does just look like any other AAA title everything rolled into one.
    It wonít be any Naughty Dog level of goodness but I hope it will be a worth while title.
    @-Slayer- let us know Iíll probably pick it up on special unless people are fawning over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)
    I am gonna wait for tlou2

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kimbleseven View Post
    I am gonna wait for tlou2

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
    Cant wait for that game either but I'm tipping it will be out until early next year at best, so need a time filler

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1448 Post(s)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information