Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Best way to wire a JAMMA harness to a Naomi PSU?

zetsurin

Question

Hi all, I have a JAMMA harness which currently has a fairly standard setup, with the 4 5V pins all soldered together and which run up to a spade connector and similar with the 2 12V lines. All the power wires are 18 awg.

I want to rig this up to get power from a Naomi power supply that I have, and I was wondering what the best way to hook up the 5V is. Essentially I plan to snip the spade connectors off, and connect a matching naomi female power socket/s for the power lines.

Naomi power plugs expose 2x5V so I am wondering if I should just wire the single 5V line of the JAMMA harness to one of them, or I would be better splitting those 4 5V lines into two pairs (eg. 3+4 & C+D) and make use of the two separate 5V lines exposed from the Naomi power plugs? Or do these 5V lines out of Naomi power supplies just run on the same rail and doesn't matter if I just tap into one of them?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Did some more research, and looks like I certainly want more than one wire carrying 5v. I'll redo all power with individual 18 gauge wires and join pairs of them into the two naomi terminals. Still open to suggestions though!