Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Hi All.

Been going though tough Mental issues with 2+ year battle with my builder. Much so that I had to let go my Lawyer and take on the rest of the fight myself (can't afford $$$ they wanted).

Looking after my mum with the passing of my dad a year a go, son recently breaking his humerous etc, nothing a holiday and a on the whim purchase of a Nintendo Switch can't but not help.

Wow, all I can say I am massively impressed with this little unit.

Already building up some games (currently only getting physical games)

If anyone is hesitant in getting one, don't, the sheer fun of playing on the go, and then also hooking it up to your TV is great.

I don't miss at all that the specs aren't up there with the PS4 or Xbox One.

Heaps of games a accessories, (pity genuine accessories are not cheap)

Anyone else have a Nintendo Switch!?

When it rains it pours, hey. Sorry to hear about your unfavourable run, hope things pick up.

I haven't yet nabbed a Switch but it's on my wish list. Almost pounced as JBs had them for $379, but am waiting for the two new Switch releases to come out. They have a Pro version on the way and a stripped down light version.

Yup, great little units, grab yourself zelda and mario kart if you haven't already, amazing games.
Yeah will get Zelda - on my wish list

Have Mario Kart.

Smash Brothers

Sonic Mania / Sonic Force

Wonder Boy The Dragons Trap

Street Fighter II Ultra

Super Mario Odyssey

Have coming ikaruga set I and set II

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

When it rains it pours, hey. Sorry to hear about your unfavourable run, hope things pick up.

I haven't yet nabbed a Switch but it's on my wish list. Almost pounced as JBs had them for $379, but am waiting for the two new Switch releases to come out. They have a Pro version on the way and a stripped down light version.

Thanks, it's been a struggle to day the least.

I was going to buy one me from eBay for $340 with the 10% discount code.

But got the Smash Brothers edition (was just over $400)

I've read the rumours about the two new switches, but they are rumours nothing confirmed. Also read if they are real then they wouldn't be until near the end of year.

Unless there's more info at hand?

But like anything, there's always something better, so I was happy to get the Switch now

It was only last November, that they implemented Youtube on the Switch.

Brought this console, for my son in Dec 2017 and he predominantly plays Minecraft on it.

We've got the WiiU and it's main title games, where we haven't invested on the rehash versions here - except for Super Smash Ultimate.

Looking forward to Link's Awakening - which is the type of Zelda game i like playing.

Hanging to play some old computer games - if they ever get released ie - Prince or Persia, Bubble Bobble and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.

If you're after a cheap, fun, short game experience and don't mind basketball - try out NBA Playgrounds.

• 7 months later...
I have spent around 150-200 hours with Dead Cells. I highly recommend it :)

Ordered this from EB for $36 and have been playing it since Thursday.

To begin with a was annoyed with "No checkpoints. You either vanquish the final boss in one go, or you try again" - but noticed going back to the start was different each time which makes you want to have another game. Still a lot of stuff to figure out but im only a few hours of play.

Got the Nintendo Switch last weekend for my son but the only game he likes to play is Mario Kart. Any recommendations for games a 6 year old would like?

Ordered this from EB for $36 and have been playing it since Thursday.

To begin with a was annoyed with "No checkpoints. You either vanquish the final boss in one go, or you try again" - but noticed going back to the start was different each time which makes you want to have another game. Still a lot of stuff to figure out but im only a few hours of play.

Got the Nintendo Switch last weekend for my son but the only game he likes to play is Mario Kart. Any recommendations for games a 6 year old would like?

Word of advice, stack purple and use traps and purple weapons. Once you get the hang of purple builds, you'll fly through the game.

Infantry bow and nerves of steel were my two favourite weapons.

Mario Odyssey would be great for a 6 year old, also Luigi's Mansion 3.

Cheers Pat. I’ve got Mario Odyssey but he’s not getting it until Xmas. Might have to check out luigis mansion. It’s hard to find good deals on switch games. Even marketplace has them for crazy prices.

Decent games for relatively cheap on the Nintendo store. I don’t mind not having the physical copy of the game anyway.

Just got up to some dude called The Concierge and got destroyed very quickly. Haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a switch recently and loving it. It’s the first Nintendo console I’ve ever owned! My favourite games so far are.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Super Mario Odyssey

Grid Autosport

Crash Team Racing

Seriously addicted to Donkey Kong Country. Have Wolfenstein II and LA Noire ready to get into as well.

• Like 1

I'm still playing Zelda BOTW.

This game is so in depth, I'm loving it.

I'm picking up physical games only.

Also using Ring Fit Adventures, up the hardness, it's giving me a great workout, and I exercise a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Zelda BOTW but am struggling to get into it. Maybe it is TOO in depth. The world you play in is so big.

Got Mario Party and its pretty fun to play with the kids because they can actually understand what to do in the mini games etc.

Also Super Mario Odyssey is good with kids as they can play as Cappy while you are Mario.

Hard to find cheap physical copies of the games I have found. Even the second hand ones are close to the original price. Where does everyone source their Switch games from?

Yeah, there's very rarely cheap Switch games. Keep your eye on ozbargain and look for Switch deals. EB Games had Slay the Spire for $28 today, cracking deal. I generally buy my games from Amazon, they are usually a dollar or two below retail price and free shipping if you have Prime.
  • Like 1

Is there a way to turn off the controller vibration emulating the coils. Drives me crazy so I don’t play it.

You can turn off controller vibration on the whole Switch in the system settings, under "Controllers and Sensors". I dunno about just for one game.

• Like 1

Saw an ad on Facebook Marketplace for Luigi Mansion and The Witcher for $70. Not far from my place. Messaged the person and didn't hear anything back. Ad was still up for most of the day and sent a message later saying "or you can just let me know if it is sold so I can look elsewhere" and suddenly the ad was marked as sold. No correspondence back from the person at all. A simple "Yes its sold" would have been ok. Frustrating dealing with people sometimes :)

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I need to go back to that. I think I made it to level 7 or 8 and then started playing other stuff.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definititive Edition comes out soon. I cannot wait to play that again. One of the best JRPGS of the modern age IMO.

Yeah, I need to go back to that. I think I made it to level 7 or 8 and then started playing other stuff.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definititive Edition comes out soon. I cannot wait to play that again. One of the best JRPGS of the modern age IMO.

Up to the final boss "Boo" prick of a time... Might chuck on the GC version now to get away from the frustration!

Yeah I really enjoyed Luigi's Mansion. I have been playing a lot of Super Mario Maker 2 with the Nintendo Online subscription. Thousands of levels people have created and a lot of them are actually really fun.

Currently on the Switch store you can get NBA 2K20 for $4.95. 90% off the original price. I downloaded it just because it was $5 but then found out the download is about 30 gig or something crazy. Need to delete some of my other games if I even want to play it.

• Like 1