Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL12 Game 5 - Grand Lizard [FINISHED]

GRAND LIZARD (Williams, 1986)

Welcome to the jungle...

Grand Lizard will run until Midnight, May 5th

This is the 5th game of 8 total games to be played in VPGL12.

TOURNEY RULES

- 8 games played for 2 weeks each, Games that have multiple nominations will be posted first, then the rest drawn at random from the pool of nominations.

- VP10 version only. No user-modded tables unless purely graphical/lighting preferences. No tweaking of flipper strengths, changing table slope, etc.

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't post your already existing high score

- play desktop on a PC or full screen in a vpin

- This is an honour system and purely for fun. Submit a score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please.

Points system:

1: 20

2: 19

3: 18

... And so on.

NEW RULE: BALL 1 HERO

Bonus point (1) for the best Ball 1 score. Take a pic at the end of Ball 1 and post at any time

NB: the player currently leading the tournament cannot claim the Ball 1 Hero points. They can still be the Ball 1 Hero, though :)

BALL 1 HERO: SKIDS

SCORES:

1. Skids: 5,248,450

2. Justanotherrat: 3,766,920

3. Kane: 1,565,810

4. Jed 1,252,340

5. MrBungle 631,800

Edited by Jed

Just grabbed Grand Lizard but already had the ROM. Load the game and the highest score belongs to TIB.

Must have had an old version on it at Pinfest a couple of years ago. Skids loved my VPin back then.

Needed to compare your cab v mine, as mine was only new back then

So what was the score?

I have no idea what I'm doing. I only worked out that there are magna saves right at the end and I don't know when or how to make use of them.

There seems to be a lot of sounds missing while playing too. I had to move a heap of sounds as they were playing out if the wrong speakers.

[ATTACH]146850[/ATTACH]

Guys,

Having an issue with my pincab so I've done a VPX install on my desktop PC and moved tables and roms everything etc.

Games play fine, but I have no rom sounds. I have table sounds and music (like ACDC songs etc), but no rom sounds on SS games.

In my audio preferneces, i've got both sound channels set to the same (primary sound driver)

Any ideas why i got no rom sounds ? I've tried cranking the volume etc, no diff.

Guys,

Having an issue with my pincab so I've done a VPX install on my desktop PC and moved tables and roms everything etc.

Games play fine, but I have no rom sounds. I have table sounds and music (like ACDC songs etc), but no rom sounds on SS games.

In my audio preferneces, i've got both sound channels set to the same (primary sound driver)

Any ideas why i got no rom sounds ? I've tried cranking the volume etc, no diff.

Start with the basics. Try loading a game (that isn't working) open VPinMame using F1, deselect the use sound option, close VPX completely. Launch VPX and the table again, F1 turn sound back on, close out completely again and then restart and test again.

I am not getting many sounds out of this game though so if it is only this one, it might be the game.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

this game suits my style of pinball play, get to multiball and flail away (doesnt quite work in VP though)

quick tips,

multiball increases playfield x just like Black Knight, 2 ball = 2x, 3 ball =3x

black ramps

left inlane lights right ramp briefly(5 secs?), and right inlane lights left ramp to collect A B (left and right ramp) and give bonus points

complete A & B once lights Bonus Holdover

complete A & B twice lights 50,000 outlanes (woop de doo)

complete A & B the third time lights extra ball on the stand up above the right sling

complete A & B the fourth lights special on the stand up above the right sling

extra ball and special can also be got from completing the top 3 drops

getting the 3 drops down lights 10k, 20k, 50k on the left orbit and will light extra ball to be collected on completing the drops the 4th time, but now the 3 drops are on a timer to get the extra ball and special

also bonus points for left orbit then into top right stand up

completing LIZ ARD is bonus multiplyer

thats about it.

its looks pretty realistic when you adjust the lighting just about right :p

20180307_175202.jpg

Geez that looks good.

do you use an LED tv ?

OK wait, i've been punked :lol

Says something about how good VP10 is though!

Edited by Jed

I've updated the score table, just 3 scores so far.

been all over the place in the last 3 weeks so my playing has been minimal, lithgow, blue mountains, canberra, coast, home now until next friday then away for another 5 days.

Will definitely get some scores in for this game, i really like it.

Table is now closed.

A huge win for @skids who was also the ball 1 hero. Skids is definitely the king of the jungle. JAR also got a pretty nice score on this.

these are the final scores:

1. Skids: 5,248,450

2. Justanotherrat: 3,766,920

3. Kane: 1,565,810

4. Jed 1,252,340

5. Ashman 634,090

6. MrBungle 631,800

and something very important I keep forgetting to do.

award the wooden spoon. this week it's @MrBungle :041: you are now officially known as 'the spoonman' and you keep this honorable title until someone else finishes last place :)

wooden-spoon-award.png