Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 3 ~ Exerion (closes 23-Dec)

Fast Fire …

MGLXXXVIII – Game 3 ~ Exerion

Nominated by gamer: RichyS

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: Exerion

1s3RyCJ.png

Game Story:

In this game you have two weapon systems: one slow double-shot cannon and one fast single-shot cannon. With each enemy hit by the slow cannon you get one shot added to the fast cannon ammunition supply. After each stage there is a challenge stage where you can also build your fast-shot supply.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 23 December 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. No cheats allowed.

*** There is a known bug in Exerion with WolfMAME 0.106 where if you lose a life anytime after the first bonus round, the game ends regardless of the number of lives left and you can not even enter your initials. MAME versions after 0.116 fixed the known game ending bug.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 3 … 8 way stick with 2 buttons …

Last played 3 years ago … in MGLXXVI

yBPQX77.jpg

:)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good but crappy run. Bah.

@OOO let me know if this score is acceptable. I rolled the score but it wouldn't let me put initials in. You can see the badges earned below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139555[/ATTACH]

Should the score be 1,073,400?

Pessimeister: 70, 300

0006.png.df91ee1652881a68bbbdf33c14406d4b.png

First time playing this. Tricky game - the inertia on the ship takes a bit to get used to. I tried it at Pixel Alley last night but could barely get 50,000. Bit better today but with the impressive scores from TIF, SZ, Creech and RJM there's plenty of room for improvement.

Three things I like so far - the shooting mechanics, unloading on the huge Galaxi-birds and the cool defense mechanism on ships; they can get quite aggressive!