Thread: Can Last Starfighter run on R Pi

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Quoted
    514 Post(s)

Can Last Starfighter run on R Pi

Just wondering if any of R Pi gurus would be able to tell me if it's possible to run The Last Starfighter game on a Raspberry Pi.
    I'd like to know if it's an option instead of running it on a PC.

Link to game download here...

http://www.roguesynapse.com/games/la...tarfighter.zip

Rogue Synapse site:
    http://www.roguesynapse.com/games/last_starfighter.php
    Last edited by Kaizen; 20th April 2019 at 10:17 PM.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    hey mate just had a play around to see if it would work, but it looks to be a pc exe game not a rom which is much easier to play on raspberry pi, some pc games can be played through retropi but require extra software downloads which from a quick search look to be something you have to pay for. I also noticed that you have to install the game and add fonts for correct text to be displayed so not sure if this would be possible on the Pi even if you managed to set it up and get running. Im no expert so you may get someone that has an easy way to set up on the Pi. best of luck.

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Quoted
    514 Post(s)

Thanks for checking it out, looks like I'll have to make do with a PC then.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
    Thanks for checking it out, looks like I'll have to make do with a PC then.
    No worries mate, is there an issue using a pc, or you need a space saver in this beast?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    You would need to have a version of the game made for native Linux.

There is another option though, many people have installed windows 7 and run successfully in a Pi. Then you *may* be able to run the game. I might be able to check this out for you - I'm sure there's probably an SD card pi image for windows floating around the net. will have a look.

Edit: looks like running WINE on the pi would be the easiest way to do it. WINE is a program for Linux which lets you run x86 apps. The Pi definitely has the grunt to run the last starfighter, i'm running Starblade at full speed on my Pi3 B+ under Adv Mame.
    Last edited by Jed; 21st April 2019 at 08:05 AM.

Thread Information