Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MM - Its Decal Time....

• Super Moderator

This one has been hanging around for a while, life gets in the way - other shit (life) takes precedence..

Anyway, finally got to a stage where I could finally lick and stick some decals on this thing tonight.. Will continue to update the thread as the 'rebuild' continues over the course of how ever long.

Not a bad MM - had it for, I dunno - 6 or 7 years..? I scooped this one from the Gold Coast after the blokes down there (Henry and Martin) secured a container of A list Japanese Pins. They dangled a carrot on Ebay for a pretty ordinary one but I bit and went down to have a look. They admitted that the one they advertised wasn't the one for me to which I agreed and that I should have a look in the shed.. F Me..! 7 MM's all lined up. Take your pick of the remaining not sold machines. Cash in hand a deal was done. Thank you very much.

Several years on, she's getting a bit tatty around the edges, so time for a bit of love..!

Didn't take too many before pics, but a few as follows. All pretty self explanatory..

As is was after a strip down about 6 or 7 weeks ago..

EDchsKt.jpg

jwH63Zu.jpg

QqlaOFj.jpg

SFcovgf.jpg

HjZzabQ.jpg

A bit of a rub down, etc etc.. Bog, sand, bog and sand..

The cabinet wasn't too bad really, but I was aiming for some nice corner finishes so to say.. Sort of got there in the end..

BnHTge8.jpg

u3GWS2n.jpg

kz9F0u7.jpg

xKc6Nq2.jpg

dTYUQdQ.jpg

And so tonight the fun starts.. The Lick and Stick as I call it...

The decals went down pretty well.. Wayne does supply a good decal - again, really nice texture, feels nice :)

Was happy with the lightning line up at the front, came together pretty nicely, considering the :40s:

rpOORU1.jpg

TlzokV1.jpg

Gof3qvI.jpg

4m3TnG3.jpg

a0L8ZP3.jpg

WT4sEj6.jpg

LTFEIkR.jpg

Anyway - not much of a blog, perhaps more of a record me for the future.

Head box tomorrow - perhaps...

D.

Very nice indeed.

@robm

Ha ha. See woka has had his for quite a few years before doing a redecal. I reckon I've still got a few years before I need to cover up the nba fb art on mine!

Looking great woka!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

• Super Moderator

Ah Bullshit.. Typed up a bit of a speel, obviously pressed the wrong button and its all gone. Pfft, ****it.

Long and the short of it..

Headbox decals done, fluff around here and there, do a bit more, add this, change that.. Blah Blah Blah... And I now have something that resembles a MM.. Good enough.

(the other speel was a bit more involving until Love Fingers here ****ed it)

So.. This is where I'm up to. Just need to:

Tart up the back box trim (ANYONE please point me in the direction of some WPC95 back glass lifter channel. It's been out of stock with the regular stooges for YEARS)

Tighten up the leg bolts - spanner is in the ute.

Mirror Blades

Plug in ALL the connectors and stuff.. yep, not tonight... :40s:

And all the other odds and sods to make the damn thing work again.. Though will be playing tomorrow :)

On with the show...

YigSDMT.jpg

dcDdvKz.jpg

ny2jKOt.jpg

mhzACjz.jpg

Vpxe2YK.jpg

I've gotta say - one of the most dreaded aspects for me is dropping the playfield back in.. It's no big deal though really. Once the back end is in, is just magically all just clicks into the sliders and its job done.. I say that this time though ;)

More Beer Time

T1gcjFr.jpg