Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 3 ~ Time Pilot (closes 5-May)

Keyboard? :024: :unsure

Lol, fair questions to be sure...my normally trusty keyboard couldn't do the job with this game, so I had to go to my backup solution - a Super Nintendo controller:

keyboard.JPG.edc641b041a51a1d2d1b9e4c526eff72.JPGSNES.JPG.088328598d9d69423d4a8818e2d82ee3.JPG

That keyboard has been through the wars - first at work, then through 3 years of gaming. The broken space bar is a battle scar from this past Yolympics, when my keyboard "slipped" off my desk...oops :lol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 16 of 17 ...

More thrills, more scores ...

bzxxOlO.png

The enemy is fighting back and causing heavy losses ...

XdWSL69.gif

9.5 hours to go until this game is closed.

:)

Sorry I wasn't able to play more and get a better score.

Also my MAME PC finally died. Only had it for 13 years. Just don't build them like they used to. [emoji23]

So for now it's an Xbox360 controller for me.https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147476

Sent from my SM-G975U using Aussie Arcade mobile app

13 years is great going. It's also good to have a backup with the Xbox 360 controller.

:032:

MGLXXXIX - Game 3 ~ Time Pilot (closes 5-May)

I didn't get past 1940 on this credit.

It feels wrong but parachute hunting is very effective for score. It is not easy but I find it is easier than playing on into the other levels for score.

I started entertaining thoughts of cracking the million and then started to worry because I didn't know if the score would show or roll back to zero.

Put a bit of time into this today, happy with that score.

1229404652_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1557042967.439441.thumb.jpg.eb778ede553c59d4b8564715901a3bac.jpg

*276,400*

If it wasn't for that fly dive bombing my head, I would have gotten 300,000.

:lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone,

This game is now closed ... :safeyet: Yes the enemy fighters have all flown home for a beer.

The final scoreboard will be posted shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

wFzIQ4A.png

It’s been 7 years since Time Pilot was last played in the MGL. And the saucers are still bad news today, just like back then. JasonV91, redelf, RMacauley, DaLar and ILLSeaBass all scored over half a million points to take out 2nd to 6th places respectively. The guys in the parachutes were certainly grateful. Well played.

Congratulations to bigredbird for winning Game 3. With masterful flying he top scores with a mighty 887,100 points.

4DiW849.png

Jungler of snakes and New Rally-X of cars are both currently in play. Great rattling chassis fun.

Congrats @bigredbird. Any chance you can share a video of your play style?

I don't record my games and my gaming pc recently failed so I haven't been streaming. I have just thrown an old laptop in my cab so I can play some games.

I normally stream a few times through the week and will be again when I get around to setting up another pc.

When I am set up for streaming again I will send you a message and play a few credits of Time Pilot and show you if you like.

My PB before this tournament was around 140k. I finished with 887k.

I'm not particularly a fan of parachute hunting but it's what I needed to do to get the score.

Here is my play style if you want to give it a go.

1. Fly straight up as much as possible. The bombs that the enemy drop can't hit you if you fly straight up. Also, the parachutes will come down from the top centre, making them easy to get.

2. Don't shoot anything except the formations that give the bonus points.

3. Collect the parachutes up to the 5000 point parachute.

4. Shoot everything to bring out the airship. (The airship comes out after you have hit a certain number of planes - the indicator is on the bottom left of the screen)

5. Fly directly in front of the airship and shoot everything, including the formations that come out for bonus points.

6. When things get a bit hectic, shoot the airship.

This is the round where all of the points are.

1. Fly straight up when ever possible. The enemy planes are not as difficult as the ones in 1910. These do not drop bombs, they only shoot bullets.

2. Do not shoot any of the small enemy planes on this round. The only exception is if you are going to run into one and you can shoot it to survive.

3. The 1500 point plane that flies across is tempting but I only shoot it if it is absolutely safe. If there are multiple enemies on the screen just ignore it. The best way is to continue flying up and in the direction diagonally opposite to where the 1500 point plane is flying. (eg. If the 1500 point plane enters from the left and is heading right, you should go up and to the left - this will get it off the screen as quickly as possible, meaning less bullets fired toward you).

If you have a clear shot at the 1500 plane then take it but be careful your stray bullets don't hit the other planes.

4. As you are flying upwards, weave side to side as the enemies shoot at you. If you continue in the same direction for too long you will get hit by their bullets. Even though I weave when shot at, my main priority is to fly straight up.

5. Collect every parachute that you can. This is much easier if you are going up because they will appear from the top centre of the screen and fall down to you. If a parachute appears when you are weaving, it will be from one of the sides and will be a greater risk to get. You need to decide quickly if it is safe to get or abandon that parachute and head straight up again. When the parachutes reach 5000 point value, they all remain at 5000 points until you crash and they reset to 1000 points again.

6. My plan is not to progress past 1940 so I don't shoot any enemy planes. At times I get overwhelmed by bullets and it is better to die than shoot enemy planes. If you shoot too many enemy planes the bomber will come out and you will have to progress to the more difficult next round.

As I mentioned above, when I am streaming again I will show you if you like.

Good luck, I hope this helps you to a new PB.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps @JasonV91 can add something to my tips above.

Do you do anything different Jason?

I like your improving scores. Keep it up. Just be aware this game closed yesterday.

I like your improving scores. Keep it up. Just be aware this game closed yesterday.

I posted my score on May 5th. (It was May 5th here in California) It should count. :( I just went back in this thread and saw the closed message which I didn't see yesterday or I would not have tried to get a higher score.