Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Visual Pinball Table / Rom Packs

Gday guys , I only just cam across this forum and looks great. Been into virtuall pinball for the last 6 months and was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that had any table and rom packs to download to save me some time.

I currently have just over 400 tables setup over the last few months but was hoping to speed it up a little bit instead of singly adding tables. I know some places rom packs are frowned upon and i dont mean any disrespect to the creators just like my mame arcade cabinet i am looking at boosting my collection

I have came across anything except the sticky post on this forum for a pack but had most of them already i am evening willing to pay for the configuration / time ( obviously not for the roms )

Your first post and you're asking for ROMs..........:blink:

With all due respect, if you have been into virtual pinball for 6 months you would know how Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, Pinball FX etc all work and that where ROMs are involved, they are only a small part of the jigsaw puzzle.

You seem to be aware of the process involved in adding tables so I won't go through that here, but in a nutshell you've thrown away your first post on Aussie Arcade with pretty much "Give me your ROMZ, Dude!", which comes across as disrespectful and for the want of a better word, ignorant.

There is no magic torrent to download that will have a place for everything and everything in its place, with the exception of the sticky post you referred to. In that case you may still find someone hosting it however it will be somewhat out of date now as things move quickly in the Visual Pinball scene - another reason to not look for bulk downloads.

Compiling a list of tables and all their associated files is a tedious process we all go through and is VERY different to MAME where you download a bunch of ROMs, chuck them into a directory and you're done. Most of us have spent HUNDREDS of hours getting our setups just right, only to find out that something has changed which means we have to go through them all and check everything again to ensure they all still work. It is an ongoing process which can be frustrating as well as enjoyable at the same time.

Yes you can pay someone to do a setup for you, but understand that it will be a snapshot of what was available at the time, so updates would be necessary to keep up with what's going on. So if you don't learn how everything ticks for yourself then you'd need to rely on someone else every time you wanted to add a new or updated table.

My advice would be to keep researching - there's a boatload of info out there as to how Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, Pinball FX, The Pinball Arcade etc all work and it's just a matter of working out what platform(s) you want and then develop your own process as to how you go about putting it all together.

• Like 1

No disrespect ozstick.

Yes this is my first post hence the introduction and my background into my vpin experience. Sorry if this offended anyone . I thought as there was a sticky with a Table pack in this forum is wouldnt be an issue.

Welcome to Aussie arcade.

To add to ozsticks post the vpin creators have asked that their work not be added into packs. I think it's so the community sites stay a float. Also I think it helps them identify what is good or not and maybe helps them feel good for the hours of work.

I am not offended. I would like packs too. Makes life a lot easier but I'm just happy it exists.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk