Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Converting Williams Rollergames to 230v

Claude

Recently bought a Williams Rollergames and would like to convert it to run on Aus 230v from USA 115v

Plan on doing the following;

- Remove existing jumpers bridging pins 2 to 3 and 8 to 9, and then bridge pins 3 to 9 (same config as my Aus Fish Tales and what my Rollergames manual says)

- Replace 8A NB fuse with a 4A SB one

- Replace Varistor/MOV with a 275v one

- Replace USA plug with an AUS one (or replace the whole cord)

Just wondering what size the 9 pin Molex connector is going to the power supply so I can figure out what size pin extractor tool (or brass tube) to buy unless there is another option.

Also, anything else I need to consider?

Cheers

Found a tool to buy but wanted to get it done now so looked around the house to see what I could use to remove the molex pins.

Tried cutting a drinking straw lengthways and rolling it to the diameter needed but it was too flimsy.

Found a metal spout from an old liquid soap dispenser but it was a little too big.

Then I made up this crude device and it did the trick :D

C34772AA-754D-4E5D-A8CB-2386A92493B4.thumb.jpg.a467c573b41c1de3302513a767e75919.jpg

Cut up a 1.25l coke bottle into a 13mm x 40mm rectangle piece of plastic. Dropped it in some boiling water to make it softer so I could roll it but then it curled itself up into almost the tube shape I needed so save me a bit of work. 13mm width is basically the circumference of the tube I needed as the actual tool has a diameter of 4.12mm.

Will buy the tool for future use but handy to have this done now!

Found a tool to buy but wanted to get it done now so looked around the house to see what I could use to remove the molex pins.

Tried cutting a drinking straw lengthways and rolling it to the diameter needed but it was too flimsy.

Found a metal spout from an old liquid soap dispenser but it was a little too big.

Then I made up this crude device and it did the trick :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139352[/ATTACH]

Cut up a 1.25l coke bottle into a 13mm x 40mm rectangle piece of plastic. Dropped it in some boiling water to make it softer so I could roll it but then it curled itself up into almost the tube shape I needed so save me a bit of work. 13mm width is basically the circumference of the tube I needed as the actual tool has a diameter of 4.12mm.

Will buy the tool for future use but handy to have this done now!

That's creative! I've busted up some retired/broken tv antenna in the past when I've been in a pinch, sometime the diameter is perfect, but the metal fatigues quickly so it's only short term solution, if that!

:)