Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Lode Runner

I remember playing this game a lot on the Apple II back in the day. Later I played it on a Microbee (although I think it was called something else to avoid copyright).

I know Irem made several arcade versions and I've tried some of those a little on mame.

Anyone else played this classic game? What computer did you play it on? What's your favorite port / hardware platform?

I remember playing this game a lot on the Apple II back in the day. Later I played it on a Microbee (although I think it was called something else to avoid copyright).

I know Irem made several arcade versions and I've tried some of those a little on mame.

Anyone else played this classic game? What computer did you play it on? What's your favorite port / hardware platform?

was addicted to this game on the Apple II back in high school. Also played heaps of it on the C64 which was my fave version.

was addicted to this game on the Apple II back in high school. Also played heaps of it on the C64 which was my fave version.

Yeah. I only ever had a Vic20 so I was always envious of the kids with a C64. I wonder if it would be easy to run up on a C64 mini?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, loved this game. Played it on the BBC model B.

I don't think I ever saw the BBC port, although I did see some cool games on the BBC. There was a time when I thought a BBC or Acorn would've been a great computer to get but ended up with a Microbee instead.

Yeah. I only ever had a Vic20 so I was always envious of the kids with a C64. I wonder if it would be easy to run up on a C64 mini?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I ever saw the BBC port, although I did see some cool games on the BBC. There was a time when I thought a BBC or Acorn would've been a great computer to get but ended up with a Microbee instead.

I never had a VIC20 though friends did. My first computer was a TI99/4A - it was a great little computer, had a cartidge slot and a tape drive, and there was some awesome games including an incredibly addictive D+D game called Tunnels of Doom, and good quality shooters like Parsec, Buck Rogers. was hugely envious of my mate's C64 and I remember buying a used C64 and 1541 with money from doing indoor cricket umpiring after school hours :D

I found out there's a new version for the Nintendo Switch (and also Steam I believe) which not only looks nice, but also has "Classic Mode" so you can play the original game as well.

I think I found what I'll be up to this rainy weekend.

• Administrators
I never had a VIC20 though friends did. My first computer was a TI99/4A - it was a great little computer, had a cartidge slot and a tape drive, and there was some awesome games including an incredibly addictive D+D game called Tunnels of Doom, and good quality shooters like Parsec, Buck Rogers. was hugely envious of my mate's C64 and I remember buying a used C64 and 1541 with money from doing indoor cricket umpiring after school hours :D

The Vic20's on my want list. Just never see them for a sane price.

• Super Moderator

I played Lode on the C64, good fun. My mate had a microbee, the joust version on this was friggin great

I had the Vic 20 before the C64 and had a cartridge for Omega Race, spent hours playing that