Thread: Lode Runner

State
    Brisneyland
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

Lode Runner

I remember playing this game a lot on the Apple II back in the day. Later I played it on a Microbee (although I think it was called something else to avoid copyright).
    I know Irem made several arcade versions and I've tried some of those a little on mame.

Anyone else played this classic game? What computer did you play it on? What's your favorite port / hardware platform?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1377 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by SpudJones View Post
    I remember playing this game a lot on the Apple II back in the day. Later I played it on a Microbee (although I think it was called something else to avoid copyright).
    I know Irem made several arcade versions and I've tried some of those a little on mame.

Anyone else played this classic game? What computer did you play it on? What's your favorite port / hardware platform?
    was addicted to this game on the Apple II back in high school. Also played heaps of it on the C64 which was my fave version.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)
    Australia
    Yep, loved this game. Played it on the BBC model B.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1850 Post(s)
    Australia
    I first played it as a kid on my Atari XEGS. The game never looked right on PAL systems due to being a Apple II port which uses the NTSC artifact colour glitch.

State
    Brisneyland
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    was addicted to this game on the Apple II back in high school. Also played heaps of it on the C64 which was my fave version.
    Yeah. I only ever had a Vic20 so I was always envious of the kids with a C64. I wonder if it would be easy to run up on a C64 mini?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by poidapoida View Post
    Yep, loved this game. Played it on the BBC model B.
    I don't think I ever saw the BBC port, although I did see some cool games on the BBC. There was a time when I thought a BBC or Acorn would've been a great computer to get but ended up with a Microbee instead.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1377 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by SpudJones View Post
    Yeah. I only ever had a Vic20 so I was always envious of the kids with a C64. I wonder if it would be easy to run up on a C64 mini?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I ever saw the BBC port, although I did see some cool games on the BBC. There was a time when I thought a BBC or Acorn would've been a great computer to get but ended up with a Microbee instead.
    I never had a VIC20 though friends did. My first computer was a TI99/4A - it was a great little computer, had a cartidge slot and a tape drive, and there was some awesome games including an incredibly addictive D+D game called Tunnels of Doom, and good quality shooters like Parsec, Buck Rogers. was hugely envious of my mate's C64 and I remember buying a used C64 and 1541 with money from doing indoor cricket umpiring after school hours

State
    Brisneyland
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

I found out there's a new version for the Nintendo Switch (and also Steam I believe) which not only looks nice, but also has "Classic Mode" so you can play the original game as well.
    I think I found what I'll be up to this rainy weekend.

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1850 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I never had a VIC20 though friends did. My first computer was a TI99/4A - it was a great little computer, had a cartidge slot and a tape drive, and there was some awesome games including an incredibly addictive D+D game called Tunnels of Doom, and good quality shooters like Parsec, Buck Rogers. was hugely envious of my mate's C64 and I remember buying a used C64 and 1541 with money from doing indoor cricket umpiring after school hours
    The Vic20's on my want list. Just never see them for a sane price.

State
    Sunshine Coast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Australia
    loved playing the Apple 2 version back in the 80's. Used the level creator to make some insanely hard levels for mates too.

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    468 Post(s)
    Australia
    I played Lode on the C64, good fun. My mate had a microbee, the joust version on this was friggin great

I had the Vic 20 before the C64 and had a cartridge for Omega Race, spent hours playing that
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information