Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

100v Transformer

leedj

Question

Hi all, I have a Taito Space Invaders That I have had for a few years sitting in my Shed, and have decided to try and get it going. The Switching Transformer had a dry solder but tested ok after it was fixed, the Power PCB, had a faulty Transistor, replaced and tested ok, the Transformer from the Monitor and Chassis is faulty. I have been searching for a new one but can’t locate one. The Monitor is a 19” Hitachi, and the markings on the Transformer are 100v Primary, 28v, 6v, secondary. If anyone could point me in the right direction, to where I could try and buy one, that would be awesome. I have had no luck.

7 answers to this question

Had a Technician check it out, he said that the Primary was open citcuit

- - - Updated - - -

Circuit

Sealed tin transformer or paper covered?. Either are fairly easy to repair but the tins are usually just pop the sides off, unsolder the winding wire off the terminal and start unwinding till you find the break. They usually break right around the top layer so pretty easy to find and fix.

Might want to check the wire to terminal solder joints before digging inside though. 90% of the time the problem is right there but they do occasionally break internally.