Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Future pinball help

Hi

I hope I am able to get some help here or at least tell me what is going on with the future pinball program..

I have a cocktail cabinet with the pinball on the end of the table with a 32” screen and normal arcade games played in desktop mode if you can understand what I’m saying on the joystick side the machine was made in Qld and I’m not going to contact the maker of the machine as last time it wasnt a pleasant phone call..

Ok with my pinball end it’s running pinball X and all the visual pinball,pinball arcade,FX 2-3,run and look perfect and amazing but future pinball the ball while playing is very blockie or it is missing 2 or 3 ball lengths then you see it then it is missing again all playing at full speed it doesn’t slow down at all and when you use the flippers it doesn’t come of quite at the right angle if you can understand..

The graphics are a bit off and out of all the pinball games on future has some games that don’t load or load but only half the graphics work.

Future just doesn’t play and look the same as the rest??

And as for computers this is where we will have a bit of trouble I don’t really know much but mybe I could be talked through a process to see what’s happening..

Any help would be appreciated Mozzie

G'Day mozzie - you'll likely struggle to get decent help for Future Pinball as a lot of us either didn't bother with it to begin with, or don't bother with it any longer!!! It has some inherent issues (one of which you mention about wrong angles off the flippers) and limitations in comparison to Visual Pinball and it's been left by the wayside somewhat in the last few years as there's been no further development of it.

If you are happy with how everything else works then it would probably be an idea to disable FP so it no longer shows up in PinballX and before long you'll forget all about it!

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris

Yes your correct I was playing it today and windows shut it down..

May I ask how do you disable it from windows???

In a kind of step by step way for a lame person or should I get a computer person to come around..

Thanks Peter

Hi Chris

Yes your correct I was playing it today and windows shut it down..

May I ask how do you disable it from windows???

In a kind of step by step way for a lame person or should I get a computer person to come around..

Thanks Peter

If you are able to quit PinballX and get back to the Windows desktop, then you should be able to do this without too much grief.

Open a Windows Explorer window (on your keyboard, hold the Windows key and press E) on your C: drive find the directory that PinballX is installed, which is usually C:\PinballX. You should find a program called Settings.exe - if you run that program you will then see all the settings and options available for PinballX. Click the arrow buttons at the bottom of that program window to advance thru the different screens until you find one with the heading Future Pinball. The very first option should be "Enabled" and it will be set to Yes. Change that to No and that's it.

Next time you run PinballX it will not show any of the Future Pinball tables.

Ok I found where and what to do no worries and yes there gone but when I turn off and on they come back up..

There’s something in windows that reverts back to the original..

I think I may need a computer expert..

Thanks Peter

Yeah it sounds like you have some program doing an auto-restore or "freezing" your setup to prevent you from making any changes and screwing it up.

You may have no choice but to go back to the seller and ask them how to prevent it from doing that so you can then add some new stuff. Tell them you are aware that they probably won't be able to support your setup any more (sounds like they were never going to in the first place) and that you are OK with that. If they still won't come to the party THEN give them a piece of your mind and move on.

Your next step would be to grab some software called Team Viewer and assuming this PC can be connected to the internet, you would install that and then get someone like myself to log in and have a look at your setup.:cool:

Yes they have a deep freeze on it..

No I won’t be contacting them and I think you may know who they are...

Not very pleasant at all..

Alls I’m going to do is on pinball X just play tables by makers and not use troublesome future pinball..

Just a shame there not as good..

Thanks for all your help Peter