Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Looking for advice on amplifiers

Can anyone recommend a decent amp to use with these speakers that's under $100.

I'm currently using this cheap amp which gives a bit of hissing noise when the sound is quiet. I'm not sure if a ground loop isolator will do much as it still happens without the audio cable plugged in.

I've seen Lepy LP-2020A amps on eBay but some reviews also mention hissing from these too.

Cheers

Derek

IMG_8029.jpg.d4bbc36f155c44c0638f79dab9c3128f.jpg IMG_8030.jpg.38fc2480c0fd417157d4f34e77b9a9b3.jpg

The 202A amps are pretty nice for what they are, i have a few of them. I think the older ones with the Tripath TA2020 chip are meant to be the best revision, but not completely sure. One thing to note would be that they say 20Wrms per channel for power output, but it's closer to about 7W in reality, and a chunk lower again if you want to avoid any distortion.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update here, I thought I'd give the Lepy LP-2020A a try.

Got the amp today and its 100x better than the A6 I had in there. No hissing at all and it doesn't have any of the other issues the A6 had. The A6 was terrible, it'd make the speakers go pop whenever it was turned on or off, it'd also make them pop whenever something else in the house turned on like my fridge!