Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Scoreboard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lZYKct1.png

The first tournament of the super 2019 season has just finished.

I5C5T4P.png

And like all new things, like new tournaments, we had some excellent new games on the game grid for the whole video gaming community to enjoy. These were Space Zap, Jungler and Sky Kid.

e4OupeB.png

Congratulations to the 45 competitors that competed in the tournament, where we had for the first time, 9 different games in 8 weeks. The finish of this MGL was a double header, in which the 2 final games proved to be an exciting and challenging way to determine the final placings.

VNaRG4T.png

JES, Arcadinator and GibGirl made their MGL debut. They all played great on many of the difficult titles in this MGL.

fe0IuwC.png

We had 2 game ties on points. kane and John73 both scored 739 points, however kane wins the head to head count 5 to 4 to take out 17th place. redelf and spectre both scored 833 points, however redelf wins the head to head count 6 to 3 to take out 6th place.

With 9 games contested there were 7 different game winners …

Jason Vasiloff (2), John McAllister (2), Daniel Larsen (1), Pearl2hu (1), bigredbird (1), Sean Clough (1) and Matt Sales (1).

Congratulations to the game winners for hitting the high score on these games …

PMBdsgx.png

lAb3Gm3.png

4DiW849.png

3lhHKaD.png

If4rsqj.png

dMHgpq5.png

7pzvjTm.png

KVJ39a2.png

pk0xg7e.png

I have updated the virtual trophies for the Top 3 … with the feisty red crab from Mario Bros, a very popular 2 player game from Nintendo …

Champion:

Jason Vasiloff

hBhjQB2.png

2nd:

Matt Sales

oEJlQNM.png

3rd:

bigredbird

vQowXwc.png

Congratulations to Jason Vasiloff who won 2 games and played consistently at a very high level to win his 2nd MGL title. His game placings were 7th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd and 7th. Winning by 15 points from Matt Sales who finished in 2nd place, and another 7 points from bigredbird who finished in 3rd place, Vasiloff played a very strong MGL with all of his scores in the Top 7.

88ATC8F.png

I hope you all enjoyed the MGL games and the competition. The Mystery Prize Draw will be performed tomorrow due to the late completion of this MGL.

OOO

9olAvv3.png

Congratulations to @JasonV91 and @ILLSeaBass for taking out the top two positions.

I put in more effort than I ever have before in an MGL tournament but I couldn't catch you guys.

Congratulations also to everyone that played, there was some great gaming, scores, banter and tips throughout the whole tournament.

Finally, thanks to @OOO for running another great tournament.

Well organised, everything on time and regular updates make this an enjoyable tournament to play in.

bigredbird

@bigredbird very nicely summed up my thoughts as well - thanks for putting on a great tournament @OOO, and congrats to everyone who participated. There were several games that were totally new to me, and I'm glad MGL gave me the motivation to grind through them (even Pac-Land?) - there were some amazing scores you guys put up...it's always very cool to watch everyone push these games to the limit. There's some great competition here - I hope it will continue, and grow as more people discover the MGL...keep up the great work Paul, and thank you for your effort, positivity, and commitment!

Echoing others here - thanks @OOO for all you do to run the MGL. With so much happening in life - the MGL is often a “happy place” for me. It has really plussed my appreciation for these classic games and enabled much more enjoyment than I would have had with my basement arcade playing by myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

A big congrats to JasonV91 and to all the competitors for participating and giving me a huge run for my money! :applause:

Jason, you're a beast! There I said it. :D The competition for this leg of the tournament was fierce, let alone for the whole year! I probably could have pushed myself a bit more to land in the top 10, but I can't complain for finishing in 12th, with all that's been going on, on my end over the last few months between juggling work and caring for my mom who's been very sick for over the past 2 years now, but miraculously has been bouncing back slowly. I still wouldn't miss this event for the world, regardless. Now THAT should say something about how dedicated I am to being a part of such an awesome event!

Of course, as always, another huge :ty, goes out to Paul for all his dedication and hard work, and the enormous amount of passion he has for keeping these events going for years and years.

Looking forward to the next one already! :023:

Next MGL starts next week or I’m not Australian!

MGLXL is currently under construction ...

2S0gUPz.gif

I am producing the game release, trailer and pizazz as I type. All will be ready soon!

Mcoc3Xv.png

:rolleyes