Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Repairing LG flat screen TV- loose reflectors. Any hints?

So our LG TV has some of the reflectory things fall off and now there are three 'suns' on our screen.

I've googled how to do this and it seems its relatively straight forward, if somewhat tedious to pull the TV apart. Seems the glue that holds the reflectors on weakens over time.

So my main question for anyone that's done this sort of repair is what glue did you use? I'm guessing it will have to be something really clear? Or does that matter? And you'd want it to last a while to I suppose...

• 2 months later...
Well I winged it and used Selleys All Clear. Everything went fine but I didn’t realise nothing ‘jigs’ or lines up the lcd screen so when I put it back together the screen was sitting low. When I pulled it apart toline it upagain I cracked the edge of the screen :( and the ribbon connector must have pulled a bit so there’s a narrow white strip down one side. Still better than before but my tip ( which I wish I’d thought of before) is to put some masking tape on the front to hold the screen in line with the frame before pulling it apart

Thank you for the update as this too has happened to a friend of ours and they asked me to look at it. Learning from mistakes is the most important thing so I'll be sure to check alignmet and ribbon cables.