Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Three Zacs In Need of Repair. Who In NSW Wants The Job?.

Autosteve

Yep that is correct, 3 Zaccarias all in need of repairs and I've knocked back the job myself as I hate Zacs and had little to do with them.

You need to know Zaccarias and not just a YouTube Zaccaria repairer. No offense intended but these machines need to be done thoroughly as they are operator's machines and these machines will be worked hard, very hard.

Anyone fit these requirements in NSW that anyone would recommend?.

I'm suspecting not but surely someone does good work on Zacs.

Thanks in Advance.

Would love to take on this kind of job but alas I don't know enough about Zaccarias to be of much use yet. One day...

Appreciate your honesty mate and I have no doubt one day you will have Zacs mastered.

I'm pretty sure I could nut my way though these myself but these I think will be in need of a test bench and as always, time is tight on these machines.

Preferably, I would have liked the whole machines be sent and not just the boards because now that it looks like just the boards will be sent, I will still be doing the machines themselves although that doesn't really worry me when I have boards I know that definitely work reliably.

Done some before.

But am too busy plus also have to ring about another Zac for someone too.

Plus I’m not that good anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've done some before, your up on me there. I've never worked anywhere that operated them for me to get my hands on one.

This particular operator that owns these Zacs says when they are going, they go well for a long time and are some of his most reliable machines.

Problem is no one repairs them and consequently they have died over the last couple of years.

Now he wants them going to build his fleet numbers back up and I thought I would ask around here for some Zac pros.

I'm hoping Mr Pintronics can help. I know he, the operator said, he did have a guy that was very good here in Sydney but is ridiculously hard to get hold of and doesn't answer the phone and hasn't done for a number of months and that usually means no good if you know what I mean.

Sounds like mick.

I grabbed a non working Time Machine and had to learn how to fix.

But yes they’re tricky. Same principle though. Well at least Generation 2 are.

Not sure in the gen 1 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is an EM throw a fire stick in it.....if it is a SS then at least you are a chance.

Dave

No definitely all SS machines and all featuring typical Zac vomit based colour schemes. We as kids would never play Zacs because of the out there colour schemes, just to gay I'm afraid. My how things have changed.

Shit, can I get sued over that comment?.

• Administrators

Biggest problem I've found on these are

PSU fuse clips

Bad bridges

Voltage monitoring circuit bad (usually a bad 1uf cap)

CPU

Corrosion damage

5514 ram (common)

CPU (also common) in fact I've raided so many off scrap boards I've got none left. No idea why they had to use such a obscure cpu.

3081's generally switching.

Lamp drive

Same issues you'll see on a bally one.

Two of the Zacs a here now and they are Time Machine, Devil Riders and the other one is a Robot.

Might be in need of help sorting these boys.

I have a time machine here working if you need to check anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Two of the Zacs a here now and they are Time Machine, Devil Riders and the other one is a Robot.

Might be in need of help sorting these boys.

I have a time machine here working if you need to check anything.

• Administrators
Have repaired a few boards for Zaccaria's and repaired a Clown, Time Machine, and a couple of Devil Riders. Some of the components are difficult to find but slowly building up stock. Will send you a PM.

Hey Derek, good to see you still about every now and again mate :)

Dave

There is a few here but you'll need to search your titles-

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3311

Thanks for that. Yes all three Zacs have diagrams available. I know one had faulty roms but the new roms are inside the machine ready to go in the board. The other here one boots up but goes into a test raising and lower the playfield and then fails so without having a detailed look I'm thinking maybe the playfield isn't detecting it's home position correctly?.

- - - Updated - - -

Have repaired a few boards for Zaccaria's and repaired a Clown, Time Machine, and a couple of Devil Riders. Some of the components are difficult to find but slowly building up stock. Will send you a PM.

Yes I read you PM and I may be calling on your assistance if I come into board related problems if that is OK with you.