Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 2 ~ Space Zap (closes 28-Apr)

It’s all in the reflexes …

MGLXXXIX – Game 2 ~ Space Zap

Nominated by gamers: Flash IV

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: spacezap

ha9Twfr.png

Game Story:

A space-themed reflex game where you command a laser base and destroy a variety of attackers including space mines, alien ships, and attack sattelites.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 28 April 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … Super Quick Fire …

Never played before in the 13 year history of the MGL.

zcXrlVM.jpg

:)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow nice score.

- - - Updated - - -

Love it. Got to play this in Pittsburgh at one of the Replay World Championships. Fun game.

How did you go at Replay on this game?

The sounds on this game remind me of Wizard of Wor. And when you blow up, what a massive mess. I guess the programmer had to make sure it was very graphic and eat up some time, otherwise your game would only last a few seconds ... :lol

- - - Updated - - -

A good start though. It gets pretty hectic.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, not a game for the keyboard...

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=146027

I would have thought a keyboard is better than a joystick for this game? :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice score. Top for now.

:073:

G'day everyone. Nice to be back into the MGL zone. :) I've never played or seen this one before. Primitive but a quick burst of fun nonetheless - it's like a reflex test.

I wonder if it changes much or simply gets faster and more intense?

The sounds on this game remind me of Wizard of Wor.

My thoughts exactly! Even when you're shooting the little space ship in between sequences, my immediate association went back to hunting down the Warluk in Wizard of Wor. The crazy over the top death sequence definitely channels those sounds.

Pessimeister: 127, 000

0004.png.27f134f0f2c34e8c41f433ea35e96479.png

Some great scores so far. TIF has cracked 200 k on RetroUprising. http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=6295

Edited by Pessimeister

How did you go at Replay on this game?

My Replay score was 169,750pts (this is not a submission to MGL just a link to my video from Replay):

https://view.vzaar.com/7768384/player

I was truly disappointed when ReplayFX decided not to have the RWC this past year at the festival. I don't know if they'll be bringing it back but I hope they do. They had originally slated it last year but at a smaller prize pool but then it was removed completely. Bummer.

- - - Updated - - -

141,750pts

Starter score

spacezap141750pts.png.587a6c93b1ead023a6285c2d82e7efe5.png

- - - Updated - - -

As for what this game reminds me of - it's Cosmic Ark for Atari 2600. One of the two phases in that game is just like this one.

G'day everyone. Nice to be back into the MGL zone. :) I've never played or seen this one before. Primitive but a quick burst of fun nonetheless - it's like a reflex test.

I wonder if it changes much or simply gets faster and more intense?

My thoughts exactly! Even when you're shooting the little space ship in between sequences, my immediate association went back to hunting down the Warluk in Wizard of Wor. The crazy over the top death sequence definitely channels those sounds.

Pessimeister: 127, 000

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=146053

Some great scores so far. TIF has cracked 200 k on RetroUprising. http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=6295

It doesn't change. It gets faster and the ships don't stay on the screen as long and the missiles start much closer to you. If I remember correctly the not TIE fighter does less circles before crashing into you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Aussie Arcade mobile app

117250 - shit, this is intense!

Agreed, it picks up in pace, and plays tricks on what you seem to see, and how you react.

- - - Updated - - -

I was truly disappointed when ReplayFX decided not to have the RWC this past year at the festival. I don't know if they'll be bringing it back but I hope they do. They had originally slated it last year but at a smaller prize pool but then it was removed completely. Bummer.

Any idea why they would remove the contest? Doesn't make any sense to remove the contest, unless it was too much work for someone to run it. With a reduced prize money, that does not seem to be the reason for cancellation.

- - - Updated - - -

The quick reflexes needed in this game remind me also of the quick reflexes needed in Professor Pac-man. Swap the ships and bullets in Space Zap with lightning fast responses to questions, and I could see the similarity.

Edited by OOO

I've never seen nor played this before and speculate it's better after a coffee than a few beers!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=146094

Some use alcohol for fuel, others coffee, and then others again maybe something else. Me, I often take stubborn as a mule, not steroids, just pigheadedness ... :pig:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice score with 4 zeroes.

:072: