Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Found two jtagable xbox 360s

You wouldn't think in 2019 you would come across any fat xbox 360s in the wild that haven't been updated in 10 years, especially two at the same time!

I figure jtags now are not as sought after being a past gen console and the rgh mod did improve allot. But i think it's still a remarkable thing to come across nowadays.

I have been trying to find somewhere i can get them reballed but seems like no one is doing that anymore. Makes sense as the cost wouldn't be worth it now on a normal retail console.

Are jtags even worth doing now? Maybe it's more of a nostalgia thing. For me i probably won't do anything with them unless i can get them reballed. I would rather not deal with the red ring of death anymore ;)

20190411_102104.thumb.jpg.8018263ef596a1ba5f79ffc94ff436ca.jpg

Don't think anyone jtags anymore I think the rgh glitch hack was more reliable. I still have my rgh 360 modded about 6 years ago still going strong doesn't run Hot. I remember mine was done by a Sydney mob ozmodchips or something like that, i posted it off to them.

here you go, looks like they charge 100 clams: https://ozmodchips.com.au/product/reset-glitch-hack-rgh-aka-jtag/

Edited by Jed

Thanks, it doesn't look like they do reballing though.

By reliable i'm guessing you mean because rgh ran on later non rrod prone consoles? It did improve allot but for a while it was normal to wait 10+ seconds for them to boot. I still have a rgh1 jasper and a rgh2 slim. If i was starting from nothing i would probably just go and get a slim with what ever the latest/best rgh is. This is more of a cheap home project type thing. I only spent $30 for both consoles and the parts to do a jtag is less than $5. The only exception is the cost of reballing but worth it i think. That is if i can find anyone who still does them, it's looking like maybe not! :confused:

Edited by jeffez

Thanks, it doesn't look like they do reballing though.

By reliable i'm guessing you mean because rgh ran on later non rrod prone consoles? It did improve allot but for a while it was normal to wait 10+ seconds for them to boot. I still have a rgh1 jasper and a rgh2 slim. If i was starting from nothing i would probably just go and get a slim with what ever the latest/best rgh is. This is more of a cheap home project type thing. I only spent $30 for both consoles and the parts to do a jtag is less than $5. The only exception is the cost of reballing but worth it i think. That is if i can find anyone who still does them, it's looking like maybe not! :confused:

I'm not familiar with reballing or what it does. but yeah if you paid $30 for both consoles (which is a nuts price, great score btw) then $100 to mod each of them is steep....

Yeah even if i paid more for them it still makes sense to jtag as it'll cost way less for the parts and it's simple enough to do yourself unlike rgh.

Reballing replaces the solder used to connect the gpu to the motherboard. It was considered the best fix for rrod and worth doing even on working consoles older than the jaspers. Only problem is you need expensive equipment and the skills to do it. Hopefully i can find someone out here who still does this kind of work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
There's a guy in Brissy doing them

About to get my Jasper version. Done with hard drive upgrade

Quoted about 60-100

Going to put with a converted 360 FFeefback wheel in my crusin USA cab

Retro fit the wheel

Remove old one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Whoops, i didn't see this. Do you mean the guy does reballing? If so can i get his name/business? I know it's been over a year but worth a shot!