Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP Willy Wonka

Koops

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lucky you're not trying to learn the Hobbit then...:lol

Yeah I think it is just all Jersey Jack games. I played Jurassic Park at Pinfest and it seemed a lot easier to understand what I needed to do. I'm not even sure what the shots are called on Willy Wonka. One says shoot the tv but there seems to be a couple of shots up towards where the tv is?

I guess they would be better games for home use. Get more time to spend figuring things out.

Does anybody have a link to a good tutorial video on this? I have played it a few times recently but really don't understand what to do. I've seen my score jump up massively seemingly for no reason? Fun game though.

I've seen your score jump up massively on pretty much very game you've played! seemingly for no reason as well!!!

I have to say i loved JP at pinfest as well. No interest in the theme and hate the toys stuck all over it everywhere that obscure your vision and do nothing, but the shots were great and it seemed like i knew what to do. I only played two games and i think the attitude adjuster before i started added nothing to my skill level. :lol

I did enjoy it though and thought i wouldn't.

That just looks like a lot of reading to me Ryza :)

Try this then:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

Rules start ~40% of the way down the page. There's still a lot to read but it's laid out better and the pictures make it clearer.

I like the original layout and the look of the game, and from my very limited understanding the ruleset seems like a good one. On the downside, the rules are extremely poorly explained and removing the Wonkavator lock from the base model is a ridiculous decision. What happened to JJP trying to establish themselves as the premium brand?

Try this then:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

Rules start ~40% of the way down the page. There's still a lot to read but it's laid out better and the pictures make it clearer.

I like the original layout and the look of the game, and from my very limited understanding the ruleset seems like a good one. On the downside, the rules are extremely poorly explained and removing the Wonkavator lock from the base model is a ridiculous decision. What happened to JJP trying to establish themselves as the premium brand?

So they can reduce the price by $3,000 and operators will buy them, which has worked as all our Standard Editions went to Operators

Honestly, the game has so much to do in it the lack of a physical ball lock is not really a big issue at all. In fact, not having it retains the flow - the ball ends up in the pops and you have to keep on your toes as it exits that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Honestly, the game has so much to do in it the lack of a physical ball lock is not really a big issue at all. In fact, not having it retains the flow - the ball ends up in the pops and you have to keep on your toes as it exits that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Totally subjective imo, comes down to what you enjoy from the machine and how you attack it...having played both versions,with and without that lock, much prefer the former; adds variety ,and and you don't get that feeling of getting slapped in the face with a fish when you hit that dead drop target in front of where the lockhole is as occurs with the latter, not to mention the much more frequent central drain as a result. Each to his own.