Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP Willy Wonka

Koops

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading through the features for the models and it appears that the only gameplay difference between the SE and the CE is the ball lock?? Everything else is just cosmetics for an extra $7500. Surely that can't be right??

It just blows me away to see pinballs now for sale at $20,000. Also a limited edition pinball with 5000 units! Seriously?? The world has gone crazy!

I'm also surprised to see the massive interest in a theme that appears to be more targeted towards a 6 year old girl than an adult male. The artwork and theme of these games make it look like a kids toy and not something that anyone would put in a "man cave".

There's definitely something for everyone with all of these new games that's for sure!

Sorry JJP

But no pinball is worth over $15k!

Time to speak with my wallet and hopefully others too will stop purchasing these crazy priced machines and make them realize

that its maybe time to lower the prices.

enough is enough

out....

Hanging to see Jaws...

Isn’t superman 77 or something to that tune coming out this year too?

Don’t quote me on the year as I have no idea about superman stuff.

“Rumour” (can’t remember what podcast said

It) was that the jaws license is STUPIDLY restrictive. You get the shark and the name, that’s it!

Imagine a jaws pinball in which you don’t get the human characters fighting the shark in the 3rd act of the movie, no call outs. What would be the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry JJP

Time to speak with my wallet and hopefully others too will stop purchasing these crazy priced machines and make them realize

enough is enough

out....

Its got nothing to do with JJP its the Aussie Dollar

if our dollar was the same the games would be the same, the Standard is $1,000 US cheaper than the previous model

and the LE and CE are the same as Pirates was.

In Europe its 17% VAT tax even worse, in the US these are selling like Hotcakes and even here, the largest number of games we have sold in the shortest Time.

When our dollar gets stronger the prices will drop as well

Sorry JJP

enough is enough

out....

I’ve never owned a JJP, but I have played them all, they are definitely built to a higher spec and definitely feel premium. Given they are a boutique pin manufacturer (compared to Stern) can anyone suggest the extra cost to produce their games? Are they taking the piss, or are their profits per game possibly at a similar level to Stern?

if our dollar was the same the games would be the same, the Standard is $1,000 US cheaper than the previous model

In Europe its 17% VAT tax even worse, in the US these are selling like Hotcakes and even here, the largest number of games we have sold in the shortest Time.

More so than the remakes?

JJP Willy Wonka

Sold More than WOZ in the shortest time? I can understand DI and Pirates both are shitty themes. Theme sure matters in this day and age.

https://www.gotpinball.com/new-stern-pinballs

at $7300 Stern take these prices here add $250 shipping that's in a full container, more for small numbers

divide x .70 and add GST makes that $12,200 here

- - - Updated - - -

More so than the remakes?

remakes cost more to ship due to the topper, cant fit 33 games in a container, more like 26 games

- - - Updated - - -

Sold More than WOZ in the shortest time? I can understand DI and Pirates both are shitty themes. Theme sure matters in this day and age.

we weren't the Distributor to begin with on WOZ, I think Bumper had 70 Orders to begin with?

Only AULE and Ruby Red we sold over several years

I’ve never owned a JJP, but I have played them all, they are definitely built to a higher spec and definitely feel premium. Given they are a boutique pin manufacturer (compared to Stern) can anyone suggest the extra cost to produce their games? Are they taking the piss, or are their profits per game possibly at a similar level to Stern?

Would be interesting to see an iFixit style tear down and parts price estimate for a jjp vs stern.

Would be interesting to see an iFixit style tear down and parts price estimate for a jjp vs stern.

its not about Bill of Material

Its over 50 Staff wages per week just to manage and design games both in Chicago, New Jersey & Florida

at least one million dollars to design a game before Production

so that's 3.6 million without production line staff costs

my guess $4k US parts cost per game and even if they make 2,000 games a year that's $1800 in overheads per game plus Bill of Material, so we are at $5800 cost per game just to start with?

People I know say $100k a week to run the Company so that's 5 Million so that's $2500 a game plus Bill Of material so $6500 plus min 40 hours per game labour and license fees etc

I would say they might make 15-20% margin

- - - Updated - - -

Wayne, any idea when Jack is coming out?

I will speak to Jack later in the week and will advise

• Administrators
Are people still talking about Willy wonka?

Surely there’s a new title being announced in a week or two to looking forward too. :lol

Yeah, Willy Wonka will come up roses once the next game comes out and people start hanging crap on that!

:p

usually when stern or jjp release a pin and the masses are interested in buying one

i see a lot of posts on who's pulling the trigger on one , i don't see that here ! all i see is people trying to get their head around the price

over the years i've bought over 30 new machines and just about every LE made and even i can't see 20k value - maybe you got a new buyers market that's not on this forum !,

i hope jjp lasts but at a business point it's hard to see that happening

They’ve never been the most efficient company have they? That operational burn on a niche business that size is pretty ridiculous to be honest. Especially in a country where most of your staff cost you next to nothing. No $100k assembly line workers over there.

Even if your programmers, designers, and Jack cost you a million a year, that still leaves an awful lot of $20-$50k dudes/dudettes to run the business with.

They’ve never been the most efficient company have they? That operational burn on a niche business that size is pretty ridiculous to be honest. Especially in a country where most of your staff cost you next to nothing. No $100k assembly line workers over there.

Even if your programmers, designers, and Jack cost you a million a year, that still leaves an awful lot of $20-$50k dudes/dudettes to run the business with.

its all mexicans and Puerto Ricans at 10-12 bucks an hour

just like stern